I got 2 questions for you Big Truck (V or AT) guys.

-JB-

Name
JB
I know this has been nearly beat to death so humor me.

1- How $paspificly did having a BT, (other than confidence, I got that) increase your bottom line, % wise. I'm not certain that I could increase gross enough to justify the added expense. No, I won't be running it 24/7; No I won't be running nights/weekends, been there, done that.

2- I asked this before, but didn't get an answer a I felt I could understand., or wanted. I could care less about jet sizes, I want GPM.
When converting your truck to high flow, exactly how many GPM are you able to get running high flow with a BT? I have been using the SD exclusively for two years now, used a PC Legend for 10 yrs. previous. I whole heartedly believe that High Flow is the ONLY was to go. The SD runs 3-4 GPM, what's considered HF in the Big truck world.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Somebody else can answer #2.

I will tell you what my Employee tells me. He has been cleaning carpets for 5 years with several different TMs and loves the Vortex. I was at Mikeyfest and he used the V not the other truck while I was gone. I spent 4 days in Az. last week and he never touched the box truck it was all V. He believes it cuts 1-2 hours off his day running by himself.
I myself think the true dual wand abilities are what set a big truck apart. You can do a better job in half the time with dual wand. We did $30,000 more last year, never work weekends, and only one little night job a month. I don't think we worked a real 40 hour week more than 6 times all year. We worked way less, made more money and took more days off. Your fuel costs will go up a little but well worth it.

Seeing a big truck at a show or cad day will never give you real world experience. Find someone to do a ride along with and you can get the real feeling of it.

Mikey P

Administrator
First full year with the V we went up 60 grand.

And my belt size two inches.
Dual wanding makes one fat.

I dont keep real close track of water usage but I would guess when I went from 06 to 09 then to 012 we maybe started using a 1/3rd more by the end of the day?

You would think it would be half but the cleaning goes faster....

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
JB;

I have cleaned with a direct hook-up machine similar to the Steamon Demon.

A big problem I encountered was the pressure and GPM capability of the various locations where we cleaned. Pressure varied from 90 to 40 PSI when actually spraying.

On some jobs, we only got low pressure & low GPM. It was less than 1.5 GPM.

A truckmount is much more consistent in GPM output and of course has higher PSI for more impact.

GPM of truckmounts can be tailored to the amount of water desired.

We have built some TM's that can also be used for hot pressure washing @ 4 GPM.

Larry Cobb
Mikey Board Supporting Member

Greenie

The Greenhorn wands put out about 1.5 gpm, and the 012 flow Ti wands about 1.7 gpm.
Add heat
Add pressure, 600 psi at the right angle does a lot for aggitation.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I had a little down time Friday so I cleaned my home carpet a neighbor two houses down ( a guy I don’t really know) walked over to see the truck booked & cleaned the job right then 325.00 Opps! an extra 325. for about 1-1/2 hours of work. It wasn’t my great salesmanship, discount coupon, coupon, mailer or a testimonial from an adoring house wife it was the truck itself that booked the job his exact quote “this looks like a serious cleaning machineâ€ÂÂ

-JB-

Name
JB
R-
I had a little down time Friday so I cleaned my home carpet a neighbor two houses down ( a guy I don’t really know) walked over to see the truck booked & cleaned the job right then 325.00 Opps! an extra 325. for about 1-1/2 hours of work. It wasn’t my great salesmanship, discount coupon, coupon, mailer or a testimonial from an adoring house wife it was the truck itself that booked the job his exact quote “this looks like a serious cleaning machineâ€ÂÂ

G

I would own nothing else but I would not get a Big Truck just because you feel it will get you more work. You are the one that builds your business, not your truck. They are nice to have though and you can't imagine how dry you can get the carpet.

Dave

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Isn't it a breath of fresh air to hear someone speak the truth as Dave did. You can be the crappiest cleaner around and the biggest truck ain't gonna help you. Bout time you "Big Truck" boys realize that. Thanks Dave.

Name
Ron lippold
BIG

Well I,m new into this business with prior cleaning experence,{portable}. I picked up my new vortex on December 12. Only advertising business cards door hanger and alot of door to door. Dec 2200 Jan 3900 Feb 6400 Mar 14.897. I hope I,m not doing anything wrong. The Big Truck does make a huge difference.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I went from a spit fire to a cross fire to a 450 MAXX and a 405 performer to a 427 BOXXER to a thermal wave II with a # 5 blower, each time I switched machines my dry times improved but now kind of wish I bought the V

I have tried it local and several times at connections

I can only imagine what a #6 blower would do
heat, flow and vacuum is a killer combination

I know if you have 200'-250' hose runs and you have a #4 blower you are losing a lot

if you buy a bigger slide in like the new vortex thermal wave or genesis, the V would actually use less gas, my thermal wave II seems to burn almost 2 gallons per hour, about the same as the V

-JB-

Name
JB
That's funny some one told me yesterday the V burns about 1.5/hr ???

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I want to add my 2cents worth even though I don't have a VAT.

I think Dave and Steve both hit things right. Firstly, it's the cleaner that is the significant part of the equation.

Secondly, running both a Legend and a Genesis, I know from experience over a few years that the bigger the machine, the quicker the cleaning time for the same or better results.

I often add another $30/hour to my onsite hourly rate by running the Genesis instead of the Legend.

The Legend is in the smaller and nicer vehicle so I spend most of my days in that and jump in the other vehicle with the Genesis when we have a heavy day booked or whatever because I can get through more in a day in taht than the Legend.

What the difference would be from the Genesis to a VAT I don't know.

John

G

Doug,

I have always been honest when people call me. I would be the first to tell someone not to buy one if you are not prepared financially. I am also the first to tell anyone looking for a new truckmount to ride with an Aero Tech or Vortex owner to see the benefits of a big truck.

Dave

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
V is suppose to burn 1.7 gallons per hour, I really don't know it as fact but was also told by powerclean that to get 850 CFM out of the 5.9 blower you had to run it at high RPM (I believe that was 3200 RPM) and it would burn almost 3 gallons per hour running at that speed

another gallon per hour is $300 per hundred hours, may not sound like much but it affected my buying decision

if you ain't going to run it all out then why buy it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom