I got tired of having to refill my inline sprayer jug several times on the big jobs

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Thought about it.

I don't like the yellow tip

So I swapped the spray jet down from 6 to 4. Fixed that problem.

Maybe the snake oil soap sales guys did that for a purpose with the 6flow.

Mikey P

Administrator
Check your arithmetic homeboy for it's not rated and flow. It's gallons per minute. The yellow is 8 so the next smallest hole would be 16. No tip is four.

Reactions: SamIam

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Check your arithmetic homeboy for it's not rated and flow. It's gallons per minute. The yellow is 8 so the next smallest hole would be 16. No tip is four.
You must be confused with my statement

I don't like using the yellow tip inside which is 8. I like 4gpm

I replaced the tip on the spray wand from 6 flow down to 4, which is spraying allot less chemical out

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
There's no need for that jet on the spray wand to be 6. It's just wasting so much. I had a great day with that setup and it was very efficient with saving chemicals

Once again, the suppliers' way of selling more soap. But they know better than us don't they

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
maybe I'm missing something.
Let's pretend you use a jug of pre-spray for 5000sf at the "right" amount for conditions.

so you're choking down flow to not get too much down, instead of simply applying it at a faster pace?:headscratch:

..L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
maybe I'm missing something.
Let's pretend you use a jug of pre-spray for 5000sf at the "right" amount for conditions.

so you're choking down flow to not get too much down, instead of simply applying it at a faster pace?:headscratch:

..L.T.A.
One jug doesn't cover 5k sq. ft

6flow sprays too much. If you haven't tried a 4flow spray, you have no clue.

Reactions: SamIam

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I have to reel myself in all time for pre spraying to heavy.
Spraying too heavy isn't the problem. It's millions of rug suckers spraying too much, increasing soap sales for the big wigs who like to overcharge us for their magical powder

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
lemmie try this way

if I have to use a gal of pre-spray to spray a 1000sf, why would I want to take 2 minutes to apply it with lower flow, when I can just move faster and apply a gal on the 1000sf in 1 minute with higher flow?

..L.T.A.
Keep playing with trying to solve the math problem all you want.

Spraying a lighter amount at the same speed saves time by not having to remix and fill as much, helps carpet dry faster, and saves money for the multiple truck operations with the techs not flooding the homes

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Job efficiency is my main goal. This saves another 5min per mixing on every job. 3-5 jobs a day, adds up. I’ve been shaving that time on other ways over the years that makes my services just as thorough, yet faster than any of my competitors

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
lemmie try this way

if I have to use a gal of pre-spray to spray a 1000sf, why would I want to take 2 minutes to apply it with lower flow, when I can just move faster and apply a gal on the 1000sf in 1 minute with higher flow?

..L.T.A.
When you remove that yellow tip at 4:1, it empties that jug fast at 6flow.

Now consider spraying at the same gpm with a lighter, more even spray and finding out you still have half a jug full of it instead of an empty jug

RA won’t be happy when his quarterly powder sales are down

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
lemmie try this way

..L.T.A.
@BIG WOOD
I think want Larry is trying to explain IS:
Moving the wand faster or slower also changes the amount of chem or water applied to the fibers.
ie. it's part of the equation as well.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
@BIG WOOD
I think want Larry is trying to explain IS:
Moving the wand faster or slower also changes the amount of chem or water applied to the fibers.
ie. it's part of the equation as well.
Yeah that wouldn’t do anything but causing an accidental overspray on furniture or other areas because I go fast already. I’d look like a meathead trying to spray that fast.

This is a suggestion that I think all you guys should try. It’s making my jobs more efficient and the cheap swap out of a t jet is worth experimenting

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Keep playing with trying to solve the math problem all you want.
Yeah that wouldn’t do anything but causing an accidental overspray on furniture or other areas because I go fast already. I’d look like a meathead trying to spray that fast.

I see it's not a "math" problem.
It's a "technique" problem

do what werkz for you
carry on

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
I see it's not a "math" problem.
It's a "technique" problem

do what werkz for you
carry on

..L.T.A.
I think Ive seen more cleaners "cleaning" than anyone here.
Most have horrible technique at vacuuming, pre-spraying. rinsing strokes, dry strokes and hos management.
It's at the point when I'm sorta shocked when I see anything done correctly.

It no wonder most have to advertise non stop through out their one truck careers.
Marty and you would be the only idiots here who I would let clean my floors

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The purpose of this thread is to help make the job more efficient in time and add a little more money to the bottom dollar profit margin in saving product

Why? Because I'm booked out over a month on schedule and it'd be nice to get home 15-20min earlier than normal.

Spraying less chemical on the carpet = faster dry times also. So improving my cleaning technique and sharing my ideas on here should be everyone's goal

But kicking me in the balls, again, for just suggesting that these weasel suppliers of our purposely set it at 6flow jet to use more product....well I'm just an IDIOT for thinking that. SHAME ON ME!

đź–•

• Haha
Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Another benefit to bringing down the flow on the inline sprayer from 6to4:

Let's say you're using the boxxer 318 or the 370 that can barely hold any reasonable heat. You're cleaning a room and it's time to put down the wand and spray a few more rooms. Now that you're spraying your treatment down at 4flow, you'll realize that your truck mount is building up more hot water and the will be hotter at the wand during the job

But no, keep finding fault to my idiot idea.

Mikey P

Administrator
The purpose of this thread is to help make the job more efficient in time and add a little more money to the bottom dollar profit margin in saving product

Why? Because I'm booked out over a month on schedule and it'd be nice to get home 15-20min earlier than normal.

Spraying less chemical on the carpet = faster dry times also. So improving my cleaning technique and sharing my ideas on here should be everyone's goal

But kicking me in the balls, again, for just suggesting that these weasel suppliers of our purposely set it at 6flow jet to use more product....well I'm just an IDIOT for thinking that. SHAME ON ME!

đź–•
Ya big pussy.

• Eyeroll
Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It's not more efficient. But sometimes I do spray out at 600 because I don't want to walk back to the truck just to turn down the pressure, then walk back to turn it up after I sprayed.

Time is money bighead.

Reactions: Mike J

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
for just suggesting that these weasel suppliers of our purposely set it at 6flow jet to use more product

being that we can adjust dilution rate up or down for conditions, I don't think that's the reason.

Let me say, I have a love/hate (mostly hate) relationship with HF sprayers in general
(owned 3 or four over the years)
They're an inconsistent, unreliable POS compared to electric sprayers.
Their temp and PSI inconsistent WHEN they draw right, (and don't know that til you sprayed the first 300sf)
and a PITA to mix powders strong when needed.
Their only virtue is efficiency for one man crew ...one less thing (lectro sprayer) to carry in and out.
(or two man crew when a whole small empty can be douched while the other sets up hoses 'n stuff)

I'm not busting you balls, Woody, I promise.
Butt, being an efficiency freak all my life in all things, I wasn't understanding your goal

what I hearing is;
It's a PITA to keep refilling on large jobs and you want to minimize re-fills.
You want to apply less chem and water to the fiber
It's easier for you to not spray the file cabinets or bleeder sofa flounce w/04 compared to 06

goforit

1660403377730.png

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom