I guess you learn from your mistakes

I did a water damage a few months back. This is for my best account by the way. They manage for a large investment company.I always take care of them and they take care of me. The pm asked me to give an estimate what the job was going to cost. Just a round about figure. I told him around 1100. Small job. Well the job ended up costing 1335 dollars. I had to increase the cost because the padding cost me more than anticipated and the labor to install the pad and stretch the carpet was a little higher than I anticipated. The pm submitted the invoice to the investment company that owns the home and they said they would pay 1100. I told them that was just an estimated price. To make things fair I reduce the cost on the install 100 dollars and send an invoice for 1235 dollars. Well today I get a check for 1100 dollars. It's no big deal to me, it's about principal. They hired me to save the carpet and I did just that. Maybe I am the one in the wrong here/

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I would probably let that first one go since you seem to have a good business relationship with the prop manager. I always liked to give a range for price for WDR, that way if materials end up costing more then you have it covered. You get pretty good and rather accurate with it and usually come out being the hero when you're on the lower end.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Trapped yourself.

Its kinda like the flea market, everyone haggles so protect yourself in the beginning.

If ya wanna sell it for 100, list it for 125 so ya got wiggle room

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Back
Top Bottom