i hate asphalt

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
road tar or whatever you call it. I have a good customer that i clean their house and realty office twice a year. Both have that awful yellow traffic area and black top outside the door.
This time i presprayed cobbs powermax, scrubbed with red pad, and rinsed with soap free- alittle better. Then took a bunch of rayon blend pads under 175, had my wife spray cobbs dry solvent cleaner (ran out of argosheen)with a hydroforce tube stuck right in the jug. Spray, pad, spray pad etc. After both sides of six pads came out somewhat dirty the carpet only looked a tiny bit better.
I think ive been over this before but what do you do?

They understand the situation and all that, its just annoying to leave a job with it still not looking great.

ps On a side note, i pulled up the carpet on a step of another commercial job with the same issue, except this one kept wicking to see what was going on. Sure enough it was black UNDERNEATH the backing.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Try some Releasit DS mixed 8oz per gallon after HWE. I usually add 2oz of sodium percarb to this and mix with HOT water. This has lightened it for me in the past, never totally removed but made a good impact. I usually use grey pads on my cimex to scrub it in.

You can also try HWE using the same mixture and then the above.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i had a big office that i did on a regular basis.......it had that problem......
THE BOSS insisted that he would apply mineral spirits HISEF...

it worked like a champ........

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom