I have a few questions about these hiring websites

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Besides craigslist. Sites like ZipRecruiter and the others. I'm scared to use craigslist in my area. I could see how it would work in a big city. But small cities like mine, I feel only the bottom of the bowl applicants apply there, because they don't have to set up an account with the proper information, like a resume... It seems to be just like facebook hiring, only without pictures.

Any thoughts on those websites? Especially if you live in a small city like mine

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I feel like those on-line recruiting sites are just a way to drain money out of our bank account. For an entry level position, I wouldn't waste the money.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I'd stick with Craigslist as well. My experience with other sites is that they want to impress you with results, so auto-send resumes from their stock of applicants, with little regard to whether their qualifications match.

You'll gets lots of responses and then waste hours contacting people that didn't apply for your job.

Name
Matt Ross
I have 7 subcontractors... touchy subject. I doubt I would have subs if I did residential carpet cleaning. My subs all have a basic contract and they all have other cleaning jobs outside of my work. They all are self insured and provide proof of insurance. They all provide most of their own equipment and I dont treat them like employees... they all have their own buisness licenses. When we have carpet or floor stripping jobs the wife and i do all the work. In the past I have used a temp agency. Sorry I cant help much.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I have 7 subcontractors... touchy subject. I doubt I would have subs if I did residential carpet cleaning. My subs all have a basic contract and they all have other cleaning jobs outside of my work. They all are self insured and provide proof of insurance. They all provide most of their own equipment and I dont treat them like employees... they all have their own buisness licenses. When we have carpet or floor stripping jobs the wife and i do all the work. In the past I have used a temp agency. Sorry I cant help much.
I sub out a couple other companies also. The only agreement I have with them is they sub me out for the carpet cleaning.

But you're right, for residential, I still do the work myself. I don't think I'll ever want to sub out someone to go to a house for carpet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom