I have a new favorite customer!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Last Friday I went out to one of our retail side customers expecting to do a few dirty areas in the basement.. least that is what is what I had on my notes from my uncle who took the call. Well we got to talking and he wondered if it wouldn't just be easier to clean the entire basement and I told him it would elimated alot of clean spots. He says lets do and can we add the stairs as well.. I say no problem. And as we are walking through the house I ask him if he ever though about having his tile and grout cleaned, he said that would be great, I pointed out some wrinkles in his dining room and asked if he wanted that restretched.. he said " your going to just thrill my wife." He then asked do I do upholstery and I said absolutely.

So at the end of Day 1, I cleaned about 1000 sqft, and scotchgarded it all, 32 steps. (two stair cases 16 steps each). Total for the capet, stairs and scotchgard came out to 600, he threw in a $50.00 tip :shock:.

But wait theirs more: We scheduled the restretch and about 700 sqft of tile and grout clean and seal. I asked him if he would like us to clean out the garage since we would have all of the equipment here already. I also gave him two options.. clean the floor for about $350, or move everything out and back in for $600. He said lets do and go with the $600.00. He then sends me off with two orientals and I take four egyptian cotton couch cushions to clean at our shop..

Day two: we restrech the dining room, clean and seal all of his tile and grout, and clean his oversized 3 car garage. I had a helper that day and the bill came to $1450 for 7 hrs of work.. He threw in another additional $100 in tips for my helper and I.. and he scheduled all of his carpet on the second floor as well as the dining room and living room and master bedroom suite on the first floor.

So Day three: We carried a very large TV downstairs for the guy... he ends up giving it to my helper. We clean 2000 sqft of carpet, scotchgard the master suite wool. (rest white nylon that was almost clean to begin with). He wants us to polish his marble top for one of his end tables so we take that with us and deliver the rugs an cushions back. Days total: $1250... plus another $100.00 tip :shock:.

Total for all of his work if you add on the marble top and with out tips: $3650.00. And as if that wasn't sweet enough: I had a $500.00 tile and grout cleaning job before the carpet cleaning and made I believe a customer for life out her. I thought she was going to kiss me on the spot! !gotcha!

Made for a nice end to the week. I'm sore, but great week!

P.S. I have him sold on a walk off runner for his heated garage, they want to put a wool runner on their wood sweeping stair case. And they are revamping two rooms this winter which means we'll have two more floors to install for him. And they will be doing new carpet upstairs next year some time.

dgargan

Goes to show you that all you have to do is just ask. You'll be surprised how many times they will say yes. Great-job

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Awesome!! I was going to tell about my last minute customer last evening, but nevermind

Spots2Stop

Congrats!

I love those moments!

My best day was $2,200 in one day working solo in 2008
I love tile :)

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Today's small job just kinda of pales after this week. :| Actuelly the funny thing is this lady today has two houses. One here and one in Missouri. Its my brother's baby's grandmother. Install of a living room. She was very convinced she could not afford the carpet at our store. So she went to the discount carpet store in town and despite our my brother's very best efforts to convince her to purchase a solution dyed nylon. She ends up bringing home a PET fiber!!! :evil: Some salesmen are simply evil.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom