I have done some stupid things before but....

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
This one was real stupid. I have a little motor oil leak so I added some oil and went to cleaning. I cleaned about 20 min and happen to be walking by the front door and could hear my TM. It sounded like crap, I ran out thinking my motor was blowing up. I saw oil all over everywhere so I just about had a stroke. I had forgot to put the oil cap back on the motor!

I was lucky I caught it before it seized. I had blew almost one quart out of the top of the motor. After filling it back up it ran and sounded smooth.

It took the rest of the day to clean the oil out of the truck. It covered everything from the front window to the back hose reel.

Stupid mistake. Could have been worse. The motor has ran fine for a week now but I bet I decreased its life span by a few hindered hours.

C

cucu

brave man to come on here and admit your f,up

NOW HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE , DONT EVER COME HERE LOOKING FOR A JOB RETARD, HOW MANY BLUELINES DID YOU BLOW UP ,WHERE YOU THE ONE WHO DROVE THOM TO DRINK

GAWD DAMM IT BOY IF YOU WAS MINE..............................and where my lunch money

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I pulled the PTO cover off once to lube the PTO shaft, put the cover back on then the PTO wouldn't run :shock:

pinched a hydralic line putting the PTO cover back on, took a little while to figure that one out :oops:

G

George V

now might be a good time to switch to full synthetic oil.

like Royal Purple or that other really good brand i cant remember at the moment. :-)

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
George V said:
now might be a good time to switch to full synthetic oil.

like Royal Purple or that other really good brand i cant remember at the moment. :-)

Redline or AMSOIL

gary mackay

I did that on my last machine and it was no big deal except the mess & about 1/2 quart that made a mess like 5 qt's. The guy I sold it to is still using it. If you had the oil sensor disconnected & it didn't shut down then you may have problems.

John Watson

When our daughter Christy was runnin a truck about 15 yrs ago, she came to me and said "Dad" You know how we are supposed to check our machines oil every day, Yes I said, Well my Ledgend shows it low on the dip stick, but it is runnin out the fill cap when I try puttin it in...

She was takin the oil fill cap off the pump to put in the engine oil..

Yes the pump was overfull. She still winces when I tell that story..

I knew my kids didn't listen to me so I had Chris Ponds, the best parts salesma--- I mean Truck mount Mechanic I ever knew, Run over the dos and don'ts of the machines we had...

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
My first TM was a POS, a Timbuktu with a 36 blower and 18 hp. motor. The guy who installed itsaid changing the oil on it was a bitch due to the location of the plug relative to other components, so he did me a favor and installled a drain hose to the plug, with a ball valve at the end, so when I wanted to drain the oil, I just flipped the hose down into a bucket and opened the ball valve.....wonderful!

650 hours later, somehow that ball valve opened while on a job and every drop of oil drained out and all over the floor of the van and the engine seized....total loss. Not so wonderful! The best lessons you learn the hard way.

:oops:

Take care,
Lisa

John Olson

Name
John Olson
packfancjh said:
Redline. Makes a Maxx 470 run great!

Ahh thats the key to keeping them things running, who would have thunk it !gotcha! :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Confession time: My AT has been unbelievable in durability. With that said about 1.5 yrs ago, at a customer home, the PTO would not engage. First time ever after having for 1.5 yrs. Checked a few things, nothing. I could hear it clicking but not engaging.

Call AT, Ted says tranny fluid could be low or not getting enough so wont engage (after we eliminated all the obvious except one :roll: ). So, he says there is a filter in the brass elbow on the top of the PTO. Take that out, clean it out and should be good. It is in a tough spot to get a good grip on it. Tried a few minutes (now over 45 mins total) could not get it. Gave one good turn and SNAP :shock: off comes the top part of the elbow with the bottom half still screwed in. Have to take it to a machine shop to custom make an easy out to get the rest of the elbow out that broke off. 4 hours later good as new............But this was not the problem.

Take a guess what it turned out to be...... :oops:

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
steve frasier said:
Take a guess what it turned out to be......

you set the parking break but left the truck in gear so when you engaged the PTO it wouldn't run

just a wild guess

Bingo!! :lol:

Never had done it before, so never checked. I try to remember to put in park since then...

I can laugh now, but man that was a bad day to be me.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
well at least you got your rust protection done for the inside of your van

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom