I have Greenhorn stair tools..sorta..

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I have had PMF make me up some of the 2" "Greenhorn" stair tools. I know a few people have asked for them so I went ahead and spent the money to get a few made. I have two right now and if they sell I'll order more the first of next year. I am trying to keep from ordering anything that isn't absolutely necessary until the end of the year so now is a good time for a good deal on anything !gotcha!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
This will definitly be number one on my list for 2011 equipment. I really like the prochem stair tool with 2 inch hook up.. but at 24 inches. Maybe its because I haven't developed that muscle set yet, but my back kills after doing steps. I'd rather install a stair case than clean it.

TimP

sweendogg said:
This will definitly be number one on my list for 2011 equipment. I really like the prochem stair tool with 2 inch hook up.. but at 24 inches. Maybe its because I haven't developed that muscle set yet, but my back kills after doing steps. I'd rather install a stair case than clean it.

I think you're crazy.....I'd rather clean a set of steps any day than install them, any day. You might just need a glided stair tool/wand? I hated doing them without a glide.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
My prochem is glided... maybe its because I've been installing longer than cleaning. But 24" stair tool puts me at just the right angle that I gets all kinds of funny pains. Pains I don't get even when contorted to install a small closets with low shelves.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
David,
Did you try the small 6" PMF tool?
You have to be on your knees when you clean, but you keep your back straight.
It works real well for me. I took the handle off so it is really easy to maneuver and control. The cost is very low and I still have my original one from about 20 years ago.

wpschoch

I'm using the swivel pmf stair tool. It's ok. Not great, but ok. I think it gives me worse dry times than my old prochem stair tool did. The swivel feature is nice, but it's still a struggle.
kolfer1 said:
David,
It works real well for me. I took the handle off so it is really easy to maneuver and control. The cost is very low and I still have my original one from about 20 years ago.

Which tool is this? I'd love to have a straight back on stairs.

Walt

I had the 24 inch prochem with the two inch connector with a glide. The green horn stair tool is way better. At first it seems waayyy to big but once you get used to it youll love it. Way faster and better on the back. Better dry times too (even with the glide off).

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
wpschoch said:
I'm using the swivel pmf stair tool. It's ok. Not great, but ok. I think it gives me worse dry times than my old prochem stair tool did. The swivel feature is nice, but it's still a struggle.
kolfer1 said:
David,

Which tool is this? I'd love to have a straight back on stairs.

Billy,
It's the simplest tool. Costs very little- Nothing fancy. Works great for me.
http://www.pmftools.com/prodStair24.php
http://www.pmftools.com/prodStair25.php

I take the handle off it gives you a lot of maneuvering ability and without the handle, less chance of knocking or scratching anything. Also I take the little solution hose off (it can hit things) and use a few brass angles + a mail quick connect at the end, to get it away from the pipe.
If your machine has a lot of suction you can get a glide for it.

I am sure John sells them and he is a great supplier.

jimmyolas

the only prob with the 36 is it doesnt fit when you are doing the last step on the platform, ( U shaped staircase)

i ordered a 30 inch which seemed to help that
jimmy

Able 1

Name
Keith
John, how much does it weigh? I made a stair tool out of a prochem 4 jet and at ten pounds it's too heavy... I still use it over my prochem 30" stair tool cause it cleans better and leaves the carpet dryer.

tim

Hope 1 of the 2 isnt the one I ordered! :evil: Got the glide today, looking forward to the stairtool!!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
trade offs
I like the longer tool, helps keep me more upright when cleaning stairs.
The tight bends in stairs are a challenge.
Its more of a 90degree head angle so its useable for under beds if needed.
If I removed the handle it would fit nicely under a bed.

NO way would I use those pmf tools. I like my back.

What's the angle needed for a Greenhorn stairtool?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ron Werner said:
trade offs

Ron,
Have you actually tried them?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
KevinD said:
Does a 10 inch tool really need a 2 inch tube or cumbersome 2 inch hose attached to it?

yes cuz its a bitch to swap out to a 1.5, and have that funny piece of 1.5 hanging out...

id much rather have a 2"..

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
kolfer1 said:
David,

I'd never use a piece of junk like that kolfer,

This is what I use. You guys can keep you're 2 inch stair tools

32.jpg

Mike Draper

I've been using my 2" greenhorn for at least 2 years now. I could never imagine going back to a 1.5" pos stair tool like the one pictured above. I have one of those that is on my garage wall hanging as a reminder to never go back to the stone age of carpet cleaning. 2" greenhorn is the way to go.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
kolfer1 said:
Ron Werner said:
trade offs

Ron,
Have you actually tried them?
Its what I started with 16yrs ago.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
See how everybody is different.
I can't stand the other ones.
I work with the PMF ones, on my knees.
That way I keep my back straight. I can get the edge of the stair really well and it is very easy to maneuver.

The longer ones were giving me a back ache and I could not detail the edges as well as I needed to.

I guess everybody is a little different.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
The cost is $432.50 delivered. At least until next year when I will probably raise it to $460 delivered.

P.S. Eckman bought 1 so I only have 1 left until I order again which might not be until next year unless you guys order a bunch

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
The length is too long, needs to be shorter-4-7 inches. I am using a combo glide that is take it or leave it. Also needs some kind of spray shield for when you get gcc stairs.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I can have that made for you if you buy it up front no return option. Call me and I'll hook you up brother.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom