I Hope I Like It

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I just bought Dr. Jim Eckman's roto vac. I'm hoping I like it - any useage tips?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Why? I bought 3 used Host machines for 150 at an auction- sold one right away for 300, kept the best one and the rickety one for parts. Sold my Liberator for the cost of the roto vac.I don't wanna dump 3 grand into a 360I and if I don't like it I'll sell it.( and I think Jim threw in the woody shirt blowme ) I get another tool in my fight against grime and it didn't cost me a cent. If I like the concept, I'll do the 360I.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
It took out it's Canadian citizenship yesterday shiteatinggrin I love new toys and I'm itchin' to give it a go today.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Ooooops- I ran it at 350 today on one job and wanded a house. 150 it will be. :oops: I did double dry passes and got pretty darn good results on a trashed apartment, OK recovery. I was pretty slow- I normally knock off the same suite this size in half the time. Learning curve. (Somehow I don't see myself holding Mrs. Piffelton's fine china cup in my hand while running it though)

ascrubabove

If you plan to clean any berber with it you better learn to use the little adjuster wheel in the front or plan on chasing the roto vac around the room shiteatinggrin

Burtz

there is no way to speed cleaning with a roto vac great tool but slOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I've had that thing for a long time. i run it at 300 but never above. i first tested it on a scrap in my garage at 600 and it went right through the carpet. those jets are buried on the carpet. i think it cleanes faster then a scrub and wand on a trashed carpet which is where i use it. knock those heads off every day as they will get clogged with debri. check the felts also if they are worn out you will lose air around them. i Vaseline mine. watch those berber seams as it will eat them. blowme

gene

Scott Rogers

Willy P said:
Ooooops- I ran it at 350 today on one job and wanded a house. 150 it will be. :oops: I did double dry passes and got pretty darn good results on a trashed apartment, OK recovery. I was pretty slow- I normally knock off the same suite this size in half the time. Learning curve. (Somehow I don't see myself holding Mrs. Piffelton's fine china cup in my hand while running it though)

If you loose that stupid center wheel, you will get good dry times with 350 psi. I run my Rv at 500-600 psi with my TM and get faster dry times then with my glided wand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom