I just got a rv 360i..

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
and was wondering if there are any pointers i should know about to trim the learning curve and not let it be so time consuming to set up and run?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the sweet spot for the PSI on the 360i is between 300 and about 325...anything over that you are over working your self with un-nessary dry strokes...

the pattern I have found to work best with the 360i is to work it in a oval and over lap backwards..in other words...from my left..I will take it to my right..then up 2/3rd's and go back to my left..and then bring it back down a third...back to the right...and then back up past my first stroke so it just over laps it...and keep that process going...an oval like that can be done all directions..front to back..left to right...and after about a week of trying different patterns....this one has done the best job...

it was a learning curve.......but it can get into places that an RX could not and edges really nice.....

keep it off of thick high pile carpets......streaks really bad.....use a RX for those.....

all in all it is a nice machine....for me the speed control is a waste but I am sure for some it is handy to have......

to be honest...I wish I would of waited for the Hoss.........

i noticed when i use mine i keep the swing(side to side) slow to eliminate the circular marks oppossed to moving it fast. other than that i love mine. like jim martin said looking at the hoss myself....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i like working all the way across the room, then overlap slightly back.....

havent had a streak issue yet

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
My 360 saves my bacon. Run mine at about 400 psi with no guard meaning the disc can rub the baseboards and furnishings if I'm not concentrating. I do this because I can get the vac shoes real close to the baseboards. If you work your pre-spray just right, the vacuum alone will really dent the discoloration in the gully. The plastic doesn’t leave marks should it slightly kiss the occasional base board. Never get it close to furniture legs. The vac shoes will be unforgiving, not as bad as an RX20 but still does damage.

I understand Jim's style of running his 360. I mix up the pattern because I don't like to get bored. On real hammered pile I like to slow rinse forward full trigger and overlap approx 1/3 the diameter of the head and approx 3 feet wide. A comfortable width will totally depend on how tall you are and the comfort height of the handle. As I approach the baseboard I slow down and run in reeeeeaaaallly close to the baseboard. Then I spin the speed control on high and dry pass by backing up on the last area swinging significantly faster than my forward rinse. Reach down and spin the speed down a couple notches and start the next section.

I mix it up on hallways. Some days I'm fighting my hoses and power cord and it effects how I switch up my patterns. Overall, it's way beyond the cleaning power of a wand and well worth the effort to manage its operation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom