I just walked off a job.

I knew on the phone this was probably going to happen. The lady tells me she just got a new leather sectional sofa from the time I did the estimate to the time she booked. I told her on the phone my price was based on me being able to pull up and start on the floor and nothing else. She starts giving me grief on the phone so I tell her just have the small things moved and I will take care of the rest.

I get there this mornining and she is freakin out every time I grab the sofa about it being connected and she didn't want the couch to become loose etc. Then she starts talking about me moving a large entertainment center. She says oh it will just take 5 minutes for me to move the stuff out of it. Yea right!!

Then there was nowhere for me to put the couch and the 12x16 rug under it. Plus the floor needed to be swept real bad. She had all kinds of glass furniture too. Then she really gets frustrated and wants me to do one half of the room and then the other half. There is no way I am stripping and waxing this floor with a 4k dollar sectional on it. Sorry that isn't happening. Basically I was going to be doing extra work for 2 hours before doing the floor and I didn't want to be blamed for damaging the sectional. I told her to call me back when she had everything moved. I did give her the option to have the couch taken apart and I would bring someone to help move everything out for a higher price at a later date.

I just felt I was being taken advantage of. So I walked.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
juniorc82 said:
dude did you say you were gonna strip and wax a residential?
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: just what i was thinking??

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I have sent a couple of customers that have vct to a friend of mine to strip and wax. I've also sent him some terrazo (Sp) for strip and wax. I probably come across 1-2 per year.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom