I know we talked about the 175 inanother thread. I need PADS

Rescue

I know everyone put there input in the other thread that Mikey put out. I first want to thank everyone for there input because it really helped me out a lot. I am going to buy my 20'' Dual 175/330 machine this week.

I need the bells an whistles to go along with it. I just was wondering what pads you suggest along with anything else all of you can think of. I really think this is the piece of the puzzle that will help me in pre-scrubbing my pre-spray that I have been missing.

Joe

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Shampoo tank?

Ice Blue Burnishing Pads
Pink Eraser Pads
Dirt Napper?
A few Fluffy Chem Dry Bonnets
A few thick Cotton Bonnets
A few Tuways

A video of the first time anyone runs a rotary is a must.

Greenie

a 20 for residential?

Hopefully I missed a few threads and you are targeting commercial.

Fon Johnson

I once heard a tale of a guy who was hired to strip floors. He said he had experience. He showed up for work wearing cowboy boots. I don't think I have to say more to paint this picture, but just visualize on of those marrionettes flailing about on their strings..

A 20" machine might be a little big for some residential jobs, but I went from a 17" to a 20" 16 years ago and never looked back. The added weight will be a help on cleaning, but it will be more of a pain lugging around, especially up residential stairs.. It's a trade off.

Greenie

Fon, I was thinking about that whole weight thing, in general a bigger machine cleans faster, but if you look at the pounds per sq. inch, the larger deck would be quite a bit less, so unless the frame and motor were notably heavier it would have less pressure per sq. what do you think on this?

The Preacher

a 17 with a 19" driver is a good way to go (ya need a riser on the block). I saw an NSS rotary that looked good (had the adjustment handle at the top) on Larry Cobbs web site.

a top quality vac in good working condition is a VLM cleaners best weapon next to great chems (read Vac Away)!

Fon Johnson

Hey, Greenie!

I think it depends partially on the machine. I can tell you that after using a rotary for 17 years, the first time I used a 20" machine to strip, I was in love. The 20" machine covered more territory faster, and it was more aggressive. Over the years I used both 17" machines and 20" machines. I sold my last 17" to FenSTerMakeR 2 or 3 years ago. I like to have everything uniform, with fewer sizes to keep up with (I'm down to 20", 12", and 24" now) to avoid confusion. The machine I use is quite heavy, though which may have something to do with it. That Advance Matador is a brute. I've not done any testing, and it would depend on the make of the machine, but I think that in general you pick up enough weight with SOME bigger machines to even it out. The Matador is weighted, so that may have some part in my findings.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
Danny,

tell me you were kidding and I just didn't get the joke! A 19 inch driver on 17 inch machine?!? For a newbie?!? Say goodbye to the baseboards!

The Preacher

a newbie better be cutting his 175 teeth in empty apts!!! my 15 year old daughter had it down in about 2 rooms!!!

having 2 pad drivers is just smart to have in the tool box!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom