I leave the warmth for this :(

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
It's 6:30 am and the temps are at -26 below and going even lower as the sun rises. I have no clue what the windchill will be today as well. I am hearing somewhere around -45 degrees or lower.

Of course it seems everything has to be on the 2nd or 3rd floor in days like this as well.

2014-02-27122709_zps0132be99.png

We have even been carrying shovels and a small snowblower to get into some jobs as the amount of snow we got while I was gone has overwhelmed everyone.

We are trying to keep the schedule a bit light for the remainder of the week with this cold weather as it just kicks the snot out of you.

I sure miss California right now.

Mikey....where do I send and application for employment?! I'm thinking handing out beach towels somewhere might even be a great job!

Ok, now time to go find some warm clothes to get ready for the next ice age.

Miss you all!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
One of 3 sidewalks and driveways we had to snowblow and shovel out to get to the job.

A little extra customer service you could say :)

2014-02-26113253_zpsd3dcef46.jpg

Reactions: GCCLee

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
been a brutal winter here too, Mark
Not near as cold at what you've seen, but well below normal with lots of days below zero (couple days @ -15 was coldest) and weeks of high temps hovering around the single digits

10 and windy right now.
be about zero tomorrow and below zero temps predicted for next week

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
You give is inspiration Mr Mark!

I am no longer afraid of the cold, stll dont like it but hey : )

Sent from da middle of a Trailure park

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
What I thought was strange is that some of you came from up north in those insane negative temps.....dropped your selfs into a much warmer climate...( had to be in the 70's most the time )......and you guys all had on light jackets.....

I come out of 80 degrees....hit a cooler damp climate and had on just my shirt and was loving every second of it........

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I feel your pain Mark!! We are forecast to hit -18 where I live tonight!!
A bright spot in all this, Brian, is the weather is making life better for some who would otherwise be VERY unlucky: Detroit recorded only 14 homicides in January, the lowest monthly total since the millennium change because criminals are chilling during the polar vortex.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
What I thought was strange is that some of you came from up north in those insane negative temps.....dropped your selfs into a much warmer climate...( had to be in the 70's most the time )......and you guys all had on light jackets.....

I come out of 80 degrees....hit a cooler damp climate and had on just my shirt and was loving every second of it........

No one said you were normal buddy : )

Mikey P

Administrator

No kidding..lots of you snow birds were asking if I wasn't too cold in shorts..no.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Its going to be decent here today, it will get up to freezing and sunshine. :icon_cool:

BUT as Kansas usually does it swings back to cold Sunday. It might wreck that day for the Home Show. Hopefully they come out in bigger numbers Saturday. Oh Well we have commercial work Friday & Saturday.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Some of you extreme weather types need to give us some advise.

It's raining now, here in California and we're not used to extreme weather like that.

Will it melt our equipment?

How do we walk between the drops?

Last edited:

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Quit your whining Saiger. We are only days away from spring and the fresh warm air. (Of course I can be a big talker as work is dead and I'm laying in bed typing this, watching old movies and drinking coffee).

Yeah I think I'm getting bed sores from too much laying around .. might even have a dip in the couch .. I now know all of the answers on Family Feud .. Steve Harvey cracks me up ..

I take rides to nowhere when the sun is shining bright and when the snow is flaking thick .. quite an adventure .. especially with my new dash cam the wifey bought .. which she bought to keep the phone outta my hand

Reactions: Art Kelley

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I am sitting here with my windows open listening to the birds sing, only going to get to about 55-60 today. Mark, look on the bright side..... You dont have to worry about mowing th grass for a while.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
I feel your pain its supposed to dip into the 50's this weekend and rain also. I might have to put pants on.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
seeing the cup half full are you?

look at it this way =, you are not in a severe drought you have water laying around everywhere!

Able 1

Name
Keith
I had a guy call me today desperate because his lines froze up on a tile job(he is running an el diablo, if that matters). I told him I would be there within 30 mins and he was happy(I was not I wanted to be working on my rebuild since the motor was in the back of my van). This tile wasn't cleaned for at least 30 years!:dejection: This guy has only been in the biz for 2 years and I think I'll cut him some slack, but make him do a ride along, instead of paying me the whole $450 offered(100SF job), just to make this job go away.. There were a lot of inefficiencies with how he works and I think I can help him there, and I remember when I was starting out right there in the same boat. They tipped me $30 also..:biggrin:

He kept saying(as I was pre-spraying calmly with my electric sprayer) "how are you not freezing up" I told him "ah you have some time" ZERO here today..LOL

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yeah its been mild in Utah for FEB.....mostly rain in the valleys, and HEAVY snow in the mountains (good for snow pack usually 1" of water to about 10-12" of snow, lately its been more like 3-4" of water to 10" of snow)

oh and i saw something about that vortex up there...lemme find it

https://www.google.com/search?q=gre...7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

said they had to bring the ice breakers, and that with it being so frozen...it may keep the area colder longer....

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I had a guy call me today desperate because his lines froze up on a tile job(he is running an el diablo, if that matters). I told him I would be there within 30 mins and he was happy(I was not I wanted to be working on my rebuild since the motor was in the back of my van). This tile wasn't cleaned for at least 30 years!:dejection: This guy has only been in the biz for 2 years and I think I'll cut him some slack, but make him do a ride along, instead of paying me the whole $450 offered(100SF job), just to make this job go away.. There were a lot of inefficiencies with how he works and I think I can help him there, and I remember when I was starting out right there in the same boat. They tipped me $30 also..:biggrin:

He kept saying(as I was pre-spraying calmly with my electric sprayer) "how are you not freezing up" I told him "ah you have some time" ZERO here today..LOL

Here is a youtube video link to what we do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzT5AcwHAH8

Mark

My entire youtube page has a lot on cold weather cleaning if you want to pass it along to him too. More than nice of you to help him out. That is our goal around our area as well.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi9UefjEixJPGgxWPTnEUhg

Mark

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
View attachment 4082

Hook one of these to your wand so that you can set it down while spotting, moving furniture and talking to your customer without worrying if youll freeze up !!

incase some of yous dont know .. the thin line pokes into the underside of your wand where youll need to drill a tiny hole .. kinda like an IV .. when you turn the lever open, the water flows into your vac system creating a constant flow of water .. which means no freezing

Last edited:
Reactions: Art Kelley

Buck1955

Name
John
Long time ago, David Letterman asked Johnny Carson how the wildfires were doing in California. Johnny said "Not bad, the mudslides are putting them out".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom