I Like Evan Kessler !

Credits
I really do. Evan gave us all the opportunity to use his ICS Board.

I have talked with him a couple of times, and he seems right on to me. I have had no problems with him what so ever.

The Wizard.

G

<div class="bbWrapper">Probably most everyone likes him. I've only met him at Connections and Winterfest, and he seemed like a great guy. I think the frustration is with not being able to be completely honest about all subjects or products on the ICS board.</div>

Credits
Never met the man, although one day the phone rang and my caller ID said "Evan Kessler". I answered and he hung up on me! I guess when I re-registered on ICS he wanted to confirm I was a legit poster..To bad, I would of shot the bull with him

Credits
Have to say, If they continue to eliminate any post that give negative feedback on products their advertisers make then the board is about useless.

If a good forward looking company was advertising on there, you would think they would want feedback good and bad so they could continue to improve their products.

1800greenglides
Credits
Name
Lisa Smith
I agree Scott, and a few companies DO use the negative feedback to change, I remember a few years ago I posted stating that the Stain magic double spray bottles were crap, and they contacted me and sent me a prototype of their "new and improved" model to help them evaluate it. It impressed me.

Take care,
Lisa

Credits
Name
rhyde
was he the fat guy ridding the segway all over the place at connections?

the guy that needed exercise the most wasn't getting it :roll:

Credits
I like Evan too. I consider him a true gentleman, with a tough job. I would not want his job. Too tough for me.

I know he has bent over backwards to be as fair as possible to all.

But there is a limit, and crossing that limit can cause problems.

The same goes for all of us with customers and friends.

I say- be as fair with him as with anybody.

Gary

G

<div class="bbWrapper">My Evan Kessler BOUNTY still stands!<br /> <br /> A cash REWARD to anyone that can get me incriminating evidence on him!!!</div>

Credits
Ya, I think poor Evan is caught between a rock (the advertisers) and a hard place (the rest of the industry).

His is a job I wouldn't want in a "Vawter's Lifetime", which I think cranks in at about 79 or so years long... and counting.

Credits
Yeah, it's his job to try to get people banned ON OTHER BOARDS!

He didn't like one of my posts on the blue board and cried and whined to JG demanding JG ban me.

Is that part of his job description?

Wake up and meet: THE REAL EVAN KESSLER!

If he lived in Berlin in the late 30's, he'd be turning people in right and left to the gestapo.

"I VAS JUST FOLLOWING DA ORDAHS!"

Supportive Member
Credits
Name
Derek
agreed, he has a tough job "baby-sitting"... no different than Mike and the admins here. if Mike and the admins here feel they have it hard, i reckon Ev has it ALOT harder because of the $ involved. that's his JOB.

ALL of our job is to just CC...this forum is just a hobby (if you will) for it's admins.

thanx for this great forum and admin'ing, definitely not easy...especially when your not getting paid to do it!

--- Derek.

Credits
Name
Duane moon unit
I like Evan... I've had more than a few "formal" and "informal" conversations with him. I consider him to be a friend.

He does have a tough job. He's a magazine publisher. And the magazine is given away, free, to it's target audience, carpet care people. That means that it's supported by ads. So, "Yes.", he does get put in a strange position, regarding the ICS Board. He sees it (and rightfully so) as a "free service" to the readers of the magazine.... "Free", because, in truth, ICS doesn't make any real income from it.

Carpet cleaners are, by and large, very independent and even raucous at times. From a professional, "at- length" standpoint, that can be tough to deal with, especially if he's focused on other things, primarily, (like running a magazine, attending trade shows, meeting deadlines, etc...).

So I can see clearly how at times, the board is as much of a burden as it is anything else. And that's, I'm sure, why he put filters in for certain words.... so that he won't get a call to go look at the board and decide whether the latest "non industry discussion" needs to be toned down, eliminated, or ignored... more often than he already does...

...That's what the Blue Board is for...:eek:)

I don't envy him his job, even one iota...

Credits
"So I can see clearly how at times, the board is as much of a burden as it is anything else. And that's, I'm sure, why he put filters in for certain words.... so that he won't get a call to go look at the board and decide whether the latest "non industry discussion" needs to be toned down, eliminated, or ignored... more often than he already does...

...That's what the Blue Board is for...Surprised)"

So why does he approach the admin of other boards and demand THEY ban people from THEIR BOARDS?!

Evidently, he is not so busy monitoring HIS OWN BOARD. He still finds time to police OTHER BOARDS!

That's abit too much.
TC

Credits
Name
Duane moon unit
Gee, Tom, I don't know...

But I'm guessing that he didn't... and doesn't, since I'm pretty sure that it's "out of sight... out of mind", regarding people banned from the ICS board.

Why... Did you get banned somewhere else?

I just looked up your posts on the Blue Board and couldn't find your name there as a member. And it seems that a search for your name only comes up as content in other people's conversations, so, I'm guessing that you got banned there as well. But looking at the posts with no name (obviously yours, because people were replying to you under them...), it sure looks like you "earned" it...

Evan's got no clout on any board but the ICS board. And knowing John the way I do (pretty well in that context...), I can assure you that he has a strong independent streak and makes his own decisions.

... But it wouldn't surprise me to find out now, that they had discussed your, "style" at some point, all things considered...

Credits
"... But it wouldn't surprise me to find out now, that they had discussed your, "style" at some point, all things considered..."

No Duane, John showed me an email Kessler had sent him demanding I be banned. So, his intolerance extends far beyond his own board. This "he just has a hard job..." crap is nonsense. HE IS EVIL!

Just for the record.....I wasn't banned for what I posted on the main blue board, I was banned for what I posted on the 'padderland' board about Johns ratty ass $11 pads that were wearing down to nothing after 10 uses.

I BIT THE PAD THAT FEEDS ME!

TC

G

<div class="bbWrapper"><b>John's Pads</b><br /> <br /> At least you can buy them from him, he wouldn't sell me any. Multiple calls and emails and still no call back.<br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> you know my motto:<br /> <br /> &quot;Eff 'em if they can't take a joke.&quot;</div>

Credits
Haven't bought jack diddley shit from him since.

Need pads? Try cobbs 100% unbleached cotton pads. I use them to post pad after steamin demonization. They are a little thicker than CCS pads, though.

Need an OP or Brute? Call Orbitec, they are the ones who actually make them! Cut out the "middle man".

Need Abstraction? Call 1st enviro.

TC

G

<div class="bbWrapper"><b>john's pads</b><br /> <br /> thank YOU! Mr CUllen!<br /> don't forget to clean under the booT!</div>

Credits
Mikey Pee,

Yes.

They "COULDN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH"!

They won't tolerate people talking bad about one of THEIR products on THEIR board.

But I didn't like paying hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of dollars for pads that wear out after a dozen uses, EITHER!

And to be told that I was "biting the hand that feeds me", and being called a liar was a little TOO MUCH. Get a grip cult leaders!!

One good thing that came out of that "espisode".

I am no longer a pad only cleaner. Use the SD primary, OP for post padding.

TC

Credits
Yep, I can testify for Tom. JOhn did get ticked off about cullen's trash talkin about his pads. Tom was the one that actually turned me onto Jeff Brown's pads and I dont think John G was happy about that....

Then, I started raving about Jeff's pads publicly and that hit a nerve with JOhn Im sure. Then I started yakin about This board and that put the nails on my coffin.

Latest posts