I like SM but I would really like the ability to do email reminders and marketing....

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
So I got a little irritated that service monster won't do email reminders. When I went to mikeysfest Greg Cole said that he harvests email accounts by letting the customer know he is sending an email confirmation along with what to expect the day of cleaning. Then he demands they give him an email (He doesn't demand, but doesn't ask either).

I have been struggling with how to set up a system to do this since it isn't available in Service Monster. So I was looking at constant contact and others. But the idea of exporting data regularly was not a pleasant one.

So I called Service Monster to complain.... The guy says, we do have that, we just don't turn the settings on until we go through it with you and we make sure that you wont be spamming people.

I must say I am impressed with the system. I can send an email the day the order is taken. This email will confirm the day and time of the appointment along with the address in case anything is wrong. Then I can send the same email the day before the service to make sure the customer remembers. And best of all this gives me a reason to have customers give me the email so I can now set up email marketing campaigns in Service Monster.

Now I need everyone that calls up to activate the email marketing to also complain that they do not have text interface yet. It would be awesome if I could send a customer a text confirmation and a text reminder the day before. It would also be dandy if I could do text marketing right through Service Monster.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Cool, didnt know you could do that with SM.

Can you set up a monthly schedule and send out e-newsletters/digital flyers?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I used CC for centuries, the main concern with email marketing, is well, we get a ton of emails per day, and guess where they all go....spam.

Plus due to the fact we already get a ton of emails per day, another marketing email will just get aggravating to the client.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Yes service monster will/can do full html emails. Flyers and newsletters can be sent out through the system.

Shane, I get about a hundred emails a day. but I read the ones from companies I do business with. If the customer gives a personal email then the chance of them getting and reading it is very high. The key is to have a good reason for them to give you a personal email. At or near the end of the call when you say "great we have you down for friday the 25th at 2pm. I will be sending you an email with the time and date also, it will have instructions for how to prepare for the cleaning... What is your email address. Then the trick is not to abuse it.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Yes service monster will/can do full html emails. Flyers and newsletters can be sent out through the system.

Shane, I get about a hundred emails a day. but I read the ones from companies I do business with. If the customer gives a personal email then the chance of them getting and reading it is very high. The key is to have a good reason for them to give you a personal email. At or near the end of the call when you say "great we have you down for friday the 25th at 2pm. I will be sending you an email with the time and date also, it will have instructions for how to prepare for the cleaning... What is your email address. Then the trick is not to abuse it.

Yes, i agree...

Full Circle had a thread couple months ago and explained how and when to ask for emails.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Glad to hear you got something out of the presentation. :) That just made it totally worthwhile for me.

So I got a little irritated that service monster won't do email reminders. When I went to mikeysfest Greg Cole said that he harvests email accounts by letting the customer know he is sending an email confirmation along with what to expect the day of cleaning. Then he demands they give him an email (He doesn't demand, but doesn't ask either).

I have been struggling with how to set up a system to do this since it isn't available in Service Monster. So I was looking at constant contact and others. But the idea of exporting data regularly was not a pleasant one.

So I called Service Monster to complain.... The guy says, we do have that, we just don't turn the settings on until we go through it with you and we make sure that you wont be spamming people.

I must say I am impressed with the system. I can send an email the day the order is taken. This email will confirm the day and time of the appointment along with the address in case anything is wrong. Then I can send the same email the day before the service to make sure the customer remembers. And best of all this gives me a reason to have customers give me the email so I can now set up email marketing campaigns in Service Monster.

Now I need everyone that calls up to activate the email marketing to also complain that they do not have text interface yet. It would be awesome if I could send a customer a text confirmation and a text reminder the day before. It would also be dandy if I could do text marketing right through Service Monster.

knoxclean

Supportive Member
Name
David Gargan
After being with SM for several years I find this out now? We set up our own system to do the email confirmations and it was a PIA. I will be calling them tomorrow to set mine up. What other secrets are they holding?

Thanks

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
so that's what the new send email button is for from the account page. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom