I lost out to a store bought.

Becker

Name
Becker
5:pm tonight I got a call..

Hey Don I have an appointment with you on................. Well I need to cancel, and the reason I need to cancel is my husband is going to buy me a new shampooer.

Oh, poor me and lucky her!

Her husband gets to spend some money at the wal-mart on a gift for his wife, and she gets to clean her carpets shinny clean just like they do on TV! Fast, Deep cleaning! ( retired folks she will just love her new gift )

Should I call her back in a month and ask how lovely the experience was?
Or call with referrals to marriage counselors, or divorce lawyers, or offer my services to the husband free of charge on what to buy and not buy your wife or loved one?

If she is 100% or maybe even 75% satisfied, I'm buying a fleet of Nissan Versas outfitted with the latest and greatest from Bissle.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I see a lot of those gathering dust in the closet or in a pile of other junk piled in the garage. I don't think they ever get used a second time

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
5:pm tonight I got a call..

Hey Don I have an appointment with you on................. Well I need to cancel, and the reason I need to cancel is my husband is going to buy me a new shampooer.

Oh, poor me and lucky her!

Her husband gets to spend some money at the wal-mart on a gift for his wife, and she gets to clean her carpets shinny clean just like they do on TV! Fast, Deep cleaning! ( retired folks she will just love her new gift )

Should I call her back in a month and ask how lovely the experience was?
Or call with referrals to marriage counselors, or divorce lawyers, or offer my services to the husband free of charge on what to buy and not buy your wife or loved one?

If she is 100% or maybe even 75% satisfied, I'm buying a fleet of Nissan Versas outfitted with the latest and greatest from Bissle.

Heard this same line last week and I actually did say to her "I feel sorry for you, wow, that was really sweet of your husband to buy "you" a shampooer so "you" have to do all the work to "try" to keep your carpets looking clean.

and I like Dave I see them "stored away" all the time. They will even show them to you and the look that they have when they gaze upon them is priceless, like if they had some TNT they would blow it up. The good thing is that they won't throw them away after spending $200 bucks , so this acts in our favor because they keep getting the hated reminders every time they see them!

Last edited:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I have had several clients mention to me that they have got a Bissel Steam Cleaner and I keep hearing the same thing "But they really don't work very good" Then they explain the problems with them. I keep it simple and let them know that I hear this all the time.

Last edited:
Name
Steve Lawrence
When this happens why not congratulate your client on their desire to keep their carpets clean then explain that those systems are okay for interim spot and area cleaning but are not really up to the difficult task of cleaning whole rooms. Just plant that seed and let it flourish.

Becker

Name
Becker
It's all good.
I'd never worked for the couple before.
They would have not been my ideal type of client.

I just thought it was funny.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I like to see that customers have these. It shows a real concern and or attention to their cleaning of their carpets. They all realize within a month or two that they don't work very well at all. But at least when they see the machine and waste an hour trying to clean and it doesn't work they call us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom