I love cats

safeclean

This was was hard to do as the jute backing was stiff very hard to work with but came out ok customer was happy used Kool Glide to bond with.

pics005.jpg

pics006.jpg

pics008.jpg

craig

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
How high is that ledge?

Were you able to get the KG under it or did you do it on a bit of an angle?

I've found it'll only allow a minor angle.

Nice repair.

Have you tried any grafting yet Craig?

Possibly a good candidate for a graft using a glue gun.

Thanks for sharing.

John

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
I think his repair was just fine . I see it was architectural tack less he was right on it. the only tip I could give him is on the left side it could have been hit down with a hammer. Reason being the pins in the tack . Good job.

safeclean

Thanks Guys for the comments that,s a good tip there Harry I was thinking of that myself will do next time.

John I have not done grafting before I would not know where to start.

The KG had no problem in reaching where it needed to be but you are right turning on a angle will do the trick. I had also repaired at this job two long pulled threads and two cig burns they turned out awesome but my bloody batteries went flat before I could take a pic.

I charged good money on this one $370.00 in total now they have 284 units that the property manager would like me to do as all the seams are splitting. :D

Craig

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
NICE!!!

Don't you love it when that happens and they aren't going to blink an eye at any charges as you're the one calling the shots now and not the property manager... he/she is on the ropes :lol:

John

safeclean

I sure do John this job is in the city a high rise residential apartment she said no carpet layer will come into the city she is just thankful that we do and the bonus is we do better repairs than most.

Craig

Stevea

Great job and great conditions Craig. Most need to realize it does not take a lot to keep a repair guy going.

Just a point on the Kool Glide, the tape has two circuits to it so as long as you can hit one, which allows for you to be way off center to some degree, it will still melt the tape.

SA

harryhides

Name
Tony
Harry Myers said:
I think his repair was just fine . I see it was architectural tack less he was right on it. the only tip I could give him is on the left side it could have been hit down with a hammer. Reason being the pins in the tack . Good job.

Harry, what type of hammer do you prefer for this - wooden, rubber or regular ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom