GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
4ymaqu5y.jpg

I really try not to think of it a whole lot, kinda nasty

Name
jack zerkie
Me to I would rather clean carpets over golf or boating and thats the truth. Never been on a golf course. I played miniture golf in 1958. I really enjoy cleaning very dirty carpets. I dont see stopping unless my health goes bad due to old age and then who knows. My life is carpet cleaning and playing the drums. I,m living the dream cleaning & banging my life away. jz

hogjowl

Idiot™
I love cleaning carpet, too. Really ... it's more of a hobby than a job. I had a very rare re-service this morning on a commercial carpet (I forgot my 175 when I cleaned it and didn't scrub it) and it took me 2.5 hours to do it, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

When I first started my company, My Father-in-law told me to be prepared to be married to my business, if it was going to be a success. Well, I prefer to look at it as being married to my hobby.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I also have an obsession for carpet cleaning, and even more so for upholstery cleaning.

I get strange looks from people when I tell them that I love what I do for a living.

After 4 decades, I still love it & can't really see me ever giving it up.

What I hate and detest is the paperwork side of things & the red tape we must go through for taxation (IRS).

I think that's why I drink so much. :winky:

:very_drunk:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Tom, I turned 65 about 182 weeks ago.

This was part of lunch today after cleaning 335M2 (3,605 square feet) in an empty commercial building.

Converting...
335 Square Meters into Square Feet
Result:

88Abbott006_zps88e74d62.jpg

Started back in 1971.

Reactions: GCCLee

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I love it too. What other biz can an uneducated dork like me wake up on sat make $400 then spend the rest of the day watching the kids play soccer and doing tons of other family things. I set my own schedule and am very happy with what I do. I live in a very high end Sub and many of my neighbors are Doctors. I make great money and most of the year I dont work 40 hours a week. I like tinkering with the eqipment and being the best at what I do. I would want to do anything else.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Ya I love cleaning carpet also when compared to any other options I have for making a living. The way I see it is that I spend all day making a living talking to great people and walking around on carpet and their is air conditioning in the summer and heat in the winter. Plus I kinda get off on the god status thing :lol:

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
Well I grew up thinking I was going to play middle linebacker for the Los Angeles Rams. That didn't work out.:confusedd: Without going over my history of being in carpet cleaning business it's only been recently that I've come to terms that being a "carpet cleaner" is okay and good enough.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Tom Shorty & Me are seasoned adult carpet cleaners, Im, headed for 72 yrs young and Shorty is just short of that. Rember some people are old at a young age and some never get old. Thats us. jz.

Don't forget Ray (Rambo) Moody, still cleaning at a healthy 77 :numfi: down in Atlanta, Georgia.

Re; your quote, Delia tells me that I NEVER grew up so how can I get old. :oldrolleyes:

PS::: Is it a coincidence that the three of us live in warm, humid/tropical areas??

Last edited by a moderator:

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I tip my hat to both of you guys!! You guys must be some BAD A** DUDES! Truly inspirational!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I like cleaning carpet but I real like the insanity of water losses. I love how you can take what is a chaotic emergency for the home or business owner and return it back to everyday normal life. Sure anyone can do it but we continually work at trying to do it better, faster and more cost effective than our competition.

I was born for this! :headbang:

Reactions: GCCLee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom