I love my new Butler!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
It puts out great heat (way over the 240 mark) has great suction, the 2.5 inch hose reel is the bomb! It pulls a 100 feet of 2.5 inch hose no problem! It just cleans faster than my other 02 butler. I am really happy with it. It actually makes cleaning fun again!

Mark Saiger

Awesome. I have some 2.5 inch hose but never use it. I run my machine in low and it still has great suction. Why would I want to run 2.5 inch hose if all I have to do is turn the throttle up a little? I may convert the legend over to the 2.5 and add a propane heater, but the everest is great running in low. Plenty of heat and suction and not to mention how much quieter it is.

Mike Draper

Here is why........do you think your customers would like dry times that are faster than all the other guys in town. You need to set yourself aside from the other cleaners and offer the fastest dry times of any steam cleaner in town. Get yourself a few dri eaz studebakers and start charging more. Your custys will thank you, give you more referrals, pay you more and be happier with your service. Or you could just keep sprayin and suckin and let some other guy in town have way better dry times than you.

Funny you mention super fast dry times. People that are concerned about dry times call Chem-Hack. People that call Lord Stanley just don't know a better option exists. People that call Mr 9.95 get what they deserve. I can run my machine in the low setting and get more suction than my Legend could ever produce and I love my Legend. If I can clean a carpet and have it dry to the touch in 2 hours I am fine with that. I agree dry times are important, but if you think people want to pay double so their carpets will be dry in 1 hour as opposed to 2, you are wrong. They just don't want their carpets left soaking wet for 48 hours. I could run my machine in the dual wand setting with 2.5 inch hose on a 50' hose run but that is just wasting fuel and a liitle overkill. We are cleaning carpets not curing cancer. I have always gotten fast dry times by doing the little simple things that a lot cleaners neglect such as meticulous equipment maintenance, cleaning filters after every job or replacing inline filters mid-job, extra dry passes, no whip lines etc. I completely agree providing your customers with the best cleaning possible is what we should all aim to do and that is exactly what I am doing.

Mike Draper

so wouldn't it be nice to gain chem-lie's cusyt's because you can clean better and dry faster? We pick up at least 2 chem-hack custys a week in the summer. They are my favorite because they are willing to pay more and are always thrilled with us because they are used to worthless chem-lie. We beat Chem-hack's dry times hands down, and I do know that I'm right because people pay me double what they pay other cleaners. It took my buddy 2 years of convincing me that custys would pay alot more for a nice cleaning before i changed. It worked from day 1.

RandyH

Danielc-You couldn't be more right. Excellent response. Soon our customers will want us to leave the carpet with static electricity and we can charge even more! According to some of these guys anyway

Mike Draper

RandyH said:
Danielc-You couldn't be more right. Excellent response. Soon our customers will want us to leave the carpet with static electricity and we can charge even more! According to some of these guys anyway

Obviously, I include more than just a fast dry time for the money! Static Electricity?? Is that your excuse for not speed drying.

Greenie

RandyH said:

Actually that is slightly off the mark, running 2.5 hose allows you to run your blower SLOWER get better fuel economy, and have more NET vacuum at the wand.

Having higher lift at the carpet (what 2.5 gives to you), isn't just about cutting your dry times, it actually cleans better, you think you are leaving clean water in the carpet?

It's also about working faster, every time you do an "extra" dry pass "just because" it makes you feel a little better, remember that you wouldn't HAVE to do that with a properly set up 2.5 rig.

You could have, and still can put $500 in vacuum, and $1000 into Heat, and probably have that legend up to a point that would ahve made the purchase of the unneccessary, but I understand there are other reasons you might have bought a new unit as well.
Don't forget to turn the rpms up on the Legend.

Chris A

Name
Chris

New equipment is great, I felt the same way when I upgraded back in the fall.

wired

I have a 2007 Butler with high heat 150 ft of two half in hose I got from jeff and the carpets are dry when iI leave. I have never had any trouble with the Butler it just keeps on running never lets you down. I had a 98 Butler that never let me down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom