I love new toys

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
did you buy three?

Have not cleaned with one yet. but compared to the ss upholstery tool, i would choose ss hands down. to me, at mf10 it seemed very large and cumbersome but maybe thats just me. would like to know if they clean well. i did like the drillmaster 2 when it wasn't damaging anything.

someone here has had one for a couple of months i believe.

let us know what you think.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I thought it was a good tool. Had some concerns about durability which will be good to get some feedback about.
Definitely good flushing and good two directional cleaning.
A little long and cumbersome (I have no clue as to why they feel like they need to make it so long) which makes it definitely less maneuverable.

The Dry Master 1 had issues with snagging and too narrow a water path. I wonder if these issues have been resolved.

Definitely a tool worth exploring.

Last edited:

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
did you buy three?

Have not cleaned with one yet. but compared to the ss upholstery tool, i would choose ss hands down. to me, at mf10 it seemed very large and cumbersome but maybe thats just me. would like to know if they clean well. i did like the drillmaster 2 when it wasn't damaging anything.

someone here has had one for a couple of months i believe.

let us know what you think.

Yes I got 3, I've also have 3 Sapphire tools and have3 DriMaster 2's. I really like the sapphire tool but I also like the flushing abilities of the DriMaster 2. I'll have both on all 3 trucks.

Reactions: dealtimeman

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I have the 3. So far, so good. The suction mouth is a bit big IMO but nothing you can't get used to. I used the DM2 for a long time so that's what I was used to. They are about the same size and function similarly. I cleaned a sofa and Loveseat with the DM3 this morning and thought my valve was leaking a little but couldn't pinpoint it. It cleans really well (DM2 did too.)

The major thing HydraMaster addressed was those stupid metal lips on the DM2. I actually have the DM2 with a brand new (not installed yet) head and lip kit that I'd sell for a decent price if anyone's interested. IMO the head with the metal lips is trouble, it's just a matter of time. I have thought about installing the kit but putting super glue or something between the metal lips and plastic head to prevent problems.

I've been pretty happy with my DM3. I like new toys too, I kinda wish I had one of those Sapphires everyone is always raving about...I'd probably have to get one of those bags Jim Martin was showing off too.

The Clean Machine

Reactions: mwall2230 and ruff

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I have the DM2 and loved it when it worked, but like all others I couldn't keep the steel lips on it. My sapphire works well and I'm looking forward to putting the rotovac threw the paces but I'd love a DM3 as well... How about a trade in loyalty program Hydromaster, a DM1, DM2, both for a DM3

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I have the Dry Master 1 and have mixed feelings about it. Which is a polite way of saying that it is collecting dust. Lots of it.

I wish they would offer a trigger option as the continuous flow option is nice, but also annoying at times and fills up the recovery tank too fast. And turning the valve's nob off is cumbersome. The Sapphire tool has a much better solution to that issue and it gives you both options.

Do these people consult with cleaners who actually use their tools? From the products they are making, it seems like Sapphire does. The rest of them manufacturer's seem oblivious to the people who actually clean upholstery.

Back
Top Bottom