I love this tool

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I've said this before, but I used to never offer to take these type of wrinkles out because I didn't want to drag out the power stretcher.
With the Tri force, I can grab it, an awl, stair tool and a knife and have this gone in 5 minutes. This house had two rooms like this:
vy8epyny.jpg

An easy extra $50 on top of the cleaning. Customers will gladly pay to have the wrinkles gone.
u6amusu3.jpg

venyvudy.jpg

Sent from my motorola flip phone using Crapatalk 1.1

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
So you're leaving easy money behind Marty.

If an old, broken down bloke like me can do it, then surely a parson of your upstanding qualities would be able to. :stir: :bullshit:

I also sold my power stretcher after getting my TriForce.

Knee kicker, (both of them), hardly see the light of day anymore.

My knees and back, love the TriForce.

A tidy little income can be produced from real estate agents just doing these simple easy jobs.

:yoda:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I understand what you're saying, Shorty. I just had to tell a brand new Realtor (who just started using me) that I didn't do carpet stretching last Friday. I hated to, but I don't want to get back into repairs. Sure, I could do it, but what future is there in it?

Do I want to be tied to a seaming iron for the rest of my old age? How will I handle it when I am too old to continue? Will I hire installers and train them to clean carpets? I don't think so! The installers around here are NOT the kind of folks I want to deal with as employees. Should I hire non installers and train them to clean AND repair? Not likely. It takes TIME, real time to develop the skills necessary to be good at repairs. My boy and I are great at what we do. We have a good reputation for doing quality work. I don't think we could maintain that same standard with repairs. I won't be on the truck much longer, and he doesn't have time or interest to learn and then hone the skills necessary to be a top level repairer.

He would need to go get a job installing for a couple of years. He has no interest in that, and I really have no desire to see him exposed to that environment, and the alcohol and drug abuse that comes with it.

To sum it up, I see no future in it.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
It's not about building your business on it. It's about adding to your existing jobs. I get big ticket jobs because I can stretch and clean them. The only time I use a seam iron is when I'm doing patches. And then I use a kool glide. Very seldom do I have to bust open a seam and re do it after getting the Tri force.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
How do you carry it in your truck so it doesn't get beat up?

I still carry a power stretcher in case I get into a weird situation so the head goes on that case. The Tri force itself doesn't seem to get messed up being back there.

Reactions: KevinL

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I only do minor repairs, and as Charlie said, I also use a Kool Glide, haven't used an iron for years.

For the same reason, I no longer carry weights, instead I use the SDN to quickly cool & pull the hot glue into the backing.

I've been carrying my TriForce in my trailer with my WDR gear on a shelf with some air movers because that was where most of my repairs came from.

I have always broken them down to carry in the trailer.

But now that I want them in the van with the rest of my carpet repair gear due to more people requesting this service, a box is essential.

It's looking like I will have to make one up to suit them as I like to keep my money making tools safe and secure.

It's not hard to repair a seam or do a small re-stretch on the carpet, same as a bonded insert, all little add-ons that any one can do whilst they're in the home cleaning the carpets.

Much cheaper than getting a carpet layer in for these little jobs, plus most carpet layers in my town are not interested in them because they don't pay enough.

Also, in small towns like mine, it doesn't take long for the word to get around that you can do this type of work at the right price when you are cleaning the carpets.

For me, it's been a win/win situation where I have been able to get the work cleaning the carpet as well as the repair.

When the enquiry comes in, if someone else is cleaning, or has cleaned the carpet, my price goes up.

Something to think about for the young bloke. :winky:

:yoda:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I cannot tell from the pictures, but are those furniture indentations that you are removing from the carpet?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I like the look of the tool but rather than stretching from the middle both ways on a room with ripples on both sides I'd rather stretch it one direction with my power stretcher.
Trim one wall and be done.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Depends on placement of floor vents, closets, doorways, transitions, and existing seams.

Just charge enough, and then you can like it.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I like the look of the tool but rather than stretching from the middle both ways on a room with ripples on both sides I'd rather stretch it one direction with my power stretcher.
Trim one wall and be done.

I agree, but there are a lot of situations that the wrinkle is close to one wall. It's easy to knock out and you don't have to move a bunch of furniture.

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom