I love water calls

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
The Waggoner Estate is the largest ranch under one fence (575,000 acres)! They just called with their 3rd flood\water damage this week. We have the worst hard water in this part of the country, but it's good for business. Headed to cowboy row! Y'all have a good rest of the day!

amygeorge

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Puts a smile on your face doesn't it..........I mean being able to help someone when they are in trouble. Ivebeensold

Plus it sure helps to pay the bills! :mrgreen:

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
It must be good.

Bet you make more off one water job than I do off 10 carpet cleaning jobs.

Some day I'll have to get some restoration equipment.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
George you need to, not only does it pay a little better but it adds some excitement to your day.

You just never know what you're going to see when they call.

DSCN1345.jpg

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Richard, next time extract the standing water before you set your equipment in place.

I learned that with some old sheet metal air movers 25 years ago.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
I think the best "water calls" are when they tell you how flooded the rooms are and you get to the house and see a towel would have cleaned up the "lake" from the floor.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
People are funny Larry, one person will say it's not too bad and multiple floors be wet and the next will have a fit be panicked needing immediately for a sink over flow. Oh well what can you do?

We do our best to get as accurate information as we can from them but it still happens. We ask what rooms are affected, how big an area but a few get by when people exaggerate. :roll:

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Water damage pays the bills for sure... We're having a slower than usual week and I got this wonderful call from an apartment complex 60 miles away. They had two inches of water and still hadn't got the water cut off.

I was hoping for a cold winter like last year. The business did 1\3 of it's gross in January and February just in WDR. There is always next year. It's April and I'm already ready for winter...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Don't you guys get heavy Spring/Summer storms too?

We can get them popping up out of no where and get 6-12 WDR from an inch or two of rain if it comes down fast enough.

Not my favorite kind of WDR work but it will make you busy for a few days to a week.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
storms yes, rain, not so much anymore... we're so dry, no telling how much rain we would have to have to flood a home from the outside! we have very sandy soil as well. praying for rain has become a daily activity! we're supposed to reach 100 degrees today and we're in north texas! amygeorge

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We're supposed get 94-degrees today and 64-degrees on Sunday. 30-degree swing...Kansas!

We get heavy rains where 1-inch in an hour will cause some flooding that prompts calls. Foundation from ground water and sump pumps that malfunction and allow water to backup into finished areas of the basement.

Good work but it comes fast, 20-30 calls in a day. That's more than we can process, so it can be frustrating trying to get all the work done.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Had one yesterday morning.....7 AM......pet store tank sump malfuntion. Lot's of water on vinyl tile. Just used my ti wand with glide to vac up about 500 gallons. And they thought they could soak it up with mops and ringer buckets.........The Macaw there was talking to me....I think it was cussin' at the vac noise!

I swear I seen Pee Weee Herman running in and out of the store trying to save the snakes.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
RW if you don't already know, you have to use caution when applying any antimicrobials, disinfectants or deodorants in pet stores. Too many creatures sensitive to the stuff we use everyday, you don't want to be buying dead birds or dead fish. :mrgreen:

We generally won't spray anything in a pet store.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Doc Holliday said:
RW if you don't already know, you have to use caution when applying any antimicrobials, disinfectants or deodorants in pet stores. Too many creatures sensitive to the stuff we use everyday, you don't want to be buying dead birds or dead fish. :mrgreen:

We generally won't spray anything in a pet store.

did you apply anything??

never had to do one but that kind of job could end up costing you big! :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom