I need a big honkin Rug Squeegee

Mikey P

Administrator
Clark sent me one that Rusty smuggled home form Turkey but it's too dang narrow.
A 2.5 foot carved piece of Teflon or some other white plastic is what I've seen used over at the Talisman...

What and where can I buy?

Name
Nate W.
I got one from masterblend when they did a rug cleaning class down here. It's 18" long.

DSC01531.jpg

I want one of the squeegee's in the this video. It looks like a hell of alot more water comes out. Let me know if you find one.

q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOSM0CZpICcq]

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The size depends on what you're using it for, longer to just move water off of the rug, narrower to agitate. A wide blade might be used for cleaning if working on a more fragile rug or one with low or no nap. A too-wide blade will 'glide' over the top of most rugs, you will get less compression of the nap, and you'll remove less impacted soil from the base of the nap. Easier to move, but not better cleaning.

I like the look of the MasterBlend one, and it might be worth buying rather than building one. Most of the ones I've seen are home made using a heavy duty push broom handle and heavy duty push broom brace. Just attach a chunk of aluminum, stainless or plastic cut to the size you want (using stainless fasteners).

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
Wield a 3' round stainless bar on the end of an old wand. You can really lean in with the wand handle and it lasts for years. Better than a wood handle.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom