i need a lighter one

Name
Ron lippold
who makes light weight 175 with a tank and 17 in. my 175 is wiegted for stone and just to damn heavy for every job.

Greenie

If you get a lighter one, you might want to look at a 15" so you keep the Lbs per square inch ratio, the "weight" is half od the magic of a good rotary working quickly.

I am curious to see the new Mytee rotaries up close and personal, they have handle releases up high, very important if you ask me.

Mikey P

Administrator
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
RX-20's are pretty bitchin too.

They're super versatile and can do everything a 175 can do and more.

Rx20's run at something like 80 rpms, so no, they can't do every thing a 175 does.

Go post pad w/ OP pads 2000 ft of glue down with yours and get back to us.

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Years ago I bought a BlueStar from Jon Don,17 incher that weighs,if I remember correctly,92 pounds.As you know.you can always add weights for when needed.I do not remember what I paid for it

rick imby

Name
Rick
Greenie said:
If you get a lighter one, you might want to look at a 15" so you keep the Lbs per square inch ratio, the "weight" is half od the magic of a good rotary working quickly.

I am curious to see the new Mytee rotaries up close and personal, they have handle releases up high, very important if you ask me.

Greenie

I thought you were close enough to the ground that the adjuster would be closer at the bottom of the handle....

Rick

Name
George Valliant
Mikey P said:

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Probably your best choice if you want lighter is the 13" buffer with a 15-16" oversized drive block and a white pad. They weigh about 50-60 lbs and yes powerflite makes one too.

Greenie

rick imby said:
Greenie

I thought you were close enough to the ground that the adjuster would be closer at the bottom of the handle....

Rick

Jeez Rick, that is a bit personal. Just because i tuck it into my sock doesn't mean you have to make bottom heavy comments, that scares some women off ya know?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ron;

We have some of the new Mytee Floor Machines in 17" and 20".

I like the top handle adjustment, and the new spill-proof tank for them.

They are 1.5 HP so they can handle any job.

Larry

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ron, what's your current rotary weight?

the weight is what makes them shear soil better.
the lighter the weight, the less effective it will be

..L.T.A.

Name
Ron lippold
larry she is like 130 some shearing will be better than no shearing thank god for judson juice but i would scrub more if she was not so heavy

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ron Lippold said:
larry she is like 130

YOU CUPCAKE!!

when I was your age, I'd carry that with one arm and a full 5 gal sprayer in the other.........

up three flites of stairs....

in snow..

on Christmas...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

Name
George Valliant
Ron Lippold said:
larry she is like 130 some shearing will be better than no shearing thank god for judson juice but i would scrub more if she was not so heavy

Thank god for judson juice? Ronnie, are you serious man? Isn't that a bit of a slap in the face of Larry who is doing nothing more than trying to assist you?

Besides, Judson ain't got shit over Cobb anyhow.

Anyone notice how Judson fans remind you of Cowboy fans? Its just a little much for me. Besides, Go 49rs!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ron Lippold said:
l but i would scrub more if she was not so heavy

honestly, I hear what you're saying
I raise hell with the Little Genies for not using the rotary more often

instead of hauling it out of the van, they'll nuke a rag and turn the heat up to "sizzle, hisssssss 'n spit" temps

I'm guilty of it myself though... :oops:

I was on the third floor cleaning an empty in a hi-end apt building (fo-reel we DO clean "hi-end" joints ONCE OR TWICE A YEAR :mrgreen: )
it was a dense cut pile white nylon and the living rm really needed a roto scrub for best results.
Instead of humping our 100 pound 15" roto up the steps, I nuked it, pulled the vac hose off the Bissel and used IT to scrub the pre-spray

It was slower than a roto and sure made a mess of the Bissel, but it did darn fine job.... :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom