I need an example of an inspection report

Mikey P

Administrator
I gave an estimate on cleaning and honing a marble floor on a job with there was a water damaged and the homeowner is blaming the water damaged and construction company which is the same, they said they were brand-new before they came in.. these people are lying and it's obviously the floors are in poor condition due to their neglect and their giant dog collection. I asked the company what people normally charge them they said anywhere from 300 to $500 to write up one of these reports.. so I assume they are looking for more than just an estimate but rather my opinion that can be used in case they go to court.. the job is only $1,200 so I suggested they just had me clean them but I guess she's been a pain and they want to go in prepared

Mikey P

Administrator
To whom it may concern

It is my professional opinion based on 33 years of floor maintenance experience, that the Marble tile flooring at * La Cita Way
Minden, NV 89423 is showing normal wear and tear for a 3 year old home along with signs of improper past resurfacing attempts performed on the natural stone flooring.

Upon inspection on 11/27/2018, it was evident to me that the cementitious grout along with the semi absorbent natural stone tile itself, are soiled at the normal level for a home of it's age with multiple family members, including two large dogs. Tradition mopping methods are being used with either a sponge or string mop with contaminated mop water, followed by not enough clear water rinsing

Visible signs of etching of the stone is also evident, caused by acidic cleaning agents, along with a few random spills from acid based drinks such as coffer, wine or soda.

The floor also shows evidence of having been partially "honed" or made dull, intentionally by either an improperly trained handyman or a cleaning company in an attempt to take away the (high maintenance) shine off the floor.

It is my opinion that the soiling, over all inconsistent appearance and etch damage was not caused by Lawton Construction and Restoration LLC after the water damage clean up services, but rather by the family and hired help over the years. Although not witnessed by my eyes, I would assume that Lawton's workers used tarps when appropriate and performed a light duty cleaning after the water damage repair work was completed.

Please see the attached quote for an estimate to correct the situation. Assuming nothing has changed since the quote was given, I'll honor the quoted price.
As discussed with two employees of Lawton Construction and Restoration, the existing MDF baseboards will need to be completely sealed or painted on the bottom edge in order to prevent the MDF from expanding during the (wet) cleaning process. This work will need to be performed 48 hour prior to my cleaning visit.

Regards,

Mike@Connoisseur

1-775-392-1275
www.carsonvalleycarpetcleaning.com

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Unless this has the potential to help you get work that is both lucrative and rewarding, think hard about Mr Chavez's counsel.

You are not the type to do well on the witness stand.

I say that kindly Mike:

Opposing attorneys love someone who likes to talk and share their knowledge.....

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I would've avoided the situation and go riding up the hills.

steve_64

The water damage didn't swell the trim but your cleaning will?

Your description of improper mopping would get torn apart too.

Like I tell Genny don't go into details. It gives people something to pick apart. And it doesn't impress anyone.

FredC

Village Idiot
What is your experience with water damage and reconstruction?

Mikey P

Administrator
The water damage didn't swell the trim but your cleaning will?

Your description of improper mopping would get torn apart too.

Like I tell Genny don't go into details. It gives people something to pick apart. And it doesn't impress anyone.

New baseboards were installed.

Reactions: steve_64

FredC

Village Idiot
I've done enough to know that years worth of mop water doesn't saturate into the grout during the clean up process
I don't know the job details but I've seen some floors get fd up by water/mitigation/and reconstruction.

I doubt your "inspection" would be much different on any of those.

AND

any restoration company worth their salt should be able to show it was pre-existing via their documentation.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
What situation?

A 45 minute estimate and inspection two months ago done at night or writing the report, also at night.

the hills are covered in snow btw

I must've read wrong. It seems ya putting yourself in drama that could back fire on ya because you gave your expert opinion... have fun.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Don’t you know when you open yourself up on the forum you will never be able to do anything right.

lta

• Haha
Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom