i need help with xactimate!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i suscribed today for a month just to see how it works and see if it works for me and i have a few questions about it. if anyone knows how to use it well i need help please.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
my main question is - do i have to line item every fan and dehu or can i put that i had ten dehus for 7 days at 115 a day?

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
After you pick your category and line item,such as WTR DRY for an airmover, for quantity, use the number of fans followed by an asterisk, then the number of days. 10*7.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
that is the way i did it but to me it looked strange. for a program used by so many contractors and carriers, i guess i expected a more developed program or precise program.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
You could do as Ed said, or line item each one and give the adjuster a coronary. :mrgreen: Now if you're using centrifugal, and axial there are two separate line items to list quantities of each one.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
thanks ed and steven i went ahead and completed it the way ed suggested and i put notes on every item explaining how many units for so many day @ so much a day. hopefully the adjuster will accept it that way. i did think it was hillarious that the invoice came out to 10 pages! :mrgreen:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Once you build the macros then it's a snap.

All your items are listed, if you didn't use the item just delete the line. Then plug in your figures and you're done.

I liked Best 6 (Blue Book) better but everyone wants Xactimate.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I'm glad I never taught anyone at Mi**ers to do that. That would make life just way too easy!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Michael
This is from the real time training in Xactimate.

To Create a Line Item Macro

Using the line item entry pad in the Estimate Items module, add all of the items you want to include in the macro.

Highlight all of the items to be included in your macro.

From the Menu bar, select Tools, then Save Macro.
The Save Macro Information window appears.

Enter a code and description name for the macro in the appropriate fields and press OK.
The macro is now saved.
To use your macro, see To retrieve a line item macro.

Retrieving a Macro

A macro is a customized scope saved for future use in any estimate. You can retrieve a macro into Line Item Entry using the Grouping window to highlight rooms.

On the Grouping list, click to highlight the room or multiple rooms into which you want to copy the macro.
From the Menu bar, select Tools, then Retrieve Macro. The Macro SmartList window appears.
Select a macro on the list and click OK.
The items in the macro transfer into the Line Item Entry window for the room(s) you selected.
Go to each room you selected on the list and fine-tune the macro to your estimating needs.

Macro items using variables and subvariables will automatically adjust to the new room or object dimensions.

Those line items that do not contain variables in the Calculation field should be carefully reviewed for accuracy.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Michael for example. If you did fire restoration. You could have a Bathroom, and a Kitchen Macro. In the bathroom macro you would have line items such as, clean shower, clean vanity, clean floor, clean walls and ceiling, clean toilet, clean door opening, cleaning door, ect ect.

You could also do one for water damage; service call, equipment setup monitoring and take down, extraction, content manipulation, air movers, dehus, antimicrobial, detach carpet, remove and replace pad, reinstall carpet, remove and replace baseboards, ect ect.

It would be a simple click on the macro, and all of this would pop up instead of having to go through the items list and finding it, and all you have to do is replace quantities, or as Richard said remove anything that isn't applicable to the job.

Its a huge time saver!!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yea, if you build all your macros it makes it much much easier.

It also helps by reminding you of items that you could have easily over looked.

For instance mold, we have all materials used listed and I just knock off the ones we didn't use.

Back
Top Bottom