I need some hose accessories

I have decided to upgrade my hose. I need a dual 2.5 inch port for my tank. One that is easy to install.

For this to work I am also going to need a "y" connector that is dual 2.5 inch to 2 inch.

My plan is to keep two 25' sections of 2.5 inch hose as the first hoses off the reel.

I will have two small 2.5 sections off the tank each with a 2.5 inch male. Then I can hook the two 25' 2.5 inch hoses to them and then reduce down to 2 inch, or if the job is small and I single wand I will just use the y at the machine and run 50' of 2.5 inch and 25' of 2 inch. But most jobs will be two 25' 2.5 inch hoses from the truck and 2 inch from there. Ninety percent of the jobs I do are 100' or less hose runs.

What about filters? I'm done with inline filters. I use one to filter when I dump. IF I want a filter, I can just drop the basket in the tank and presto a filter.

Nice but not what I need.

I need dual 2.5 inch to a single 2 inch port. I don;t know if I have ever seen one.

Has anyone ever ran two 2.5 inch hoses to a single two inch?

Ryan

danielc said:
Nice but not what I need.

I need dual 2.5 inch to a single 2 inch port. I don;t know if I have ever seen one.

Has anyone ever ran two 2.5 inch hoses to a single two inch?

Why would you want to do that? You do realize there is a point at which the extra diameter just becomes over kill. How big is your blower outlet?

Dual 2" hose would be plenty I would think all your wanting to do is relive the extra strain on your blower, I doubt that extra inch is going to do much.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
you need to do what i am thinking about doing....

take a 3" off the top of the lid, run some pvc (less restriction) down to a 2.5", then run your 50 or 100' of 2.5 to your 2"

right now i just run the 2 2" (really closer to 2 1.5") to a y for my 2.5

2.5 threaded fittings are a bitch to find...hence is why i said 3"...because well 3" is off the blower

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Plus with a 3" hose (I've got some 3" hose that's just like our normal vac hose) and 3" ABS fittings fit it perfectly. You can plumb your truck with 3", use an adaptor (I'll check how I rigged mine) to fit 2.5" cool cuff starter, and run your 2.5 to the house.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom