I need tips on marketing for wdr

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have been taking more water jobs lately and am thinking about taking small steps towards doing more disaster work. I am currently only marketing to my current customers and get small jobs sent to me every now and again from a local service master I network with. I can domost small dry outs and pal around with a remodeling company that is doing my rebuild. Where should I start as far as marketing for water jobs?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Everyone is a potential customer because we all have so many sources for water breaks in our homes and businesses.

Because everyone is a customer you need to market to everyone.

Start with your customer base since they ready know your work. What are you doing to let them know? If you are not already, you need to be consistent about sending the message of you do WDR work.

From there as you built up you equipment and ability then look for centers of influence, who knows whom. People that can not only be a customer, but also send a steady stream of work your way by referring you.

It takes consistent marketing, I have a good friend in KC that is a State Farm agent. He tells me he gets tons of cleaners/restorers, most one time through, some a couple of times through, but almost nobody comes through consistently but the company he recommends.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Jon,

Plumbers can be a great way to bypass the insurance companies and their preferred network people. However, once you start down the "plumber kickback" road it is hard to stop. Ivan Turner (who is much more successful than Chavez :) ) has a unique approach to getting plumbers on board.

http://sfs.jondon.com/8807/blog/how-to- ... rrals-free

Steve Toburen
SFS.JonDon.com

PS Actually come to think of it Richard doesn't pay for referrals either. Hmmm ...

GCP

possibly try walking through certain commercial buildings in your local service area that spark an interest to you. a work site that you know you will be able to successfully complete. gather a few potential prospects in that regard and start your own direct mailing list with corporate accounts, aimed @ water/floor damage.

Or try partnering with a local plumber and give a percentage of the referrals that he brings as well as vice versa. The two business should work off each others individual clientele, and gain speed. allowing each business owner to grow individually.

jay Robinson
http://www.lagreencleanpros.com

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I thought about listing some of the sources we look to but Jon said he was starting to build his restoration side of his business. Going after the big fish when you're really not prepared is really not wise decision.

While buildings and facilities managers are great sources for WDR work, when they call, it could be more than you are prepared to handle.

Last month we had 2-losses in businesses, each involved multiple floors and needing upwards of 100 pieces of drying equipment. Along with the equipment needs there are also man power needs, each loss needed 10 or more tech's.

These are good things if you have everything in place to handle them, but if you don't, that call can permanently burn you with that account.

Start out slow, purchase equipment along the way after you make a little and slowly build where you can handle multiple losses at a time. Then once you can do that you'll be better prepared for the big fish.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Careful, Richard. You are making people envious. Plus with receivables like that you can afford the flight to Nashville.
Steve it always reads better than it feels.

You said it they are receivables and as of yet they have not been collected on. I've got nothing but an empty pocket (I'm out all the labor and on call bonuses) and a good story! :mrgreen:

Then when it finally does come in, and I'm fairly confident it will (they are major corp's) it will cover the labor for a fire loss or another water loss that is in process and is not yet ready to be billed. :shock:

Such is the life of the restoration business owner.
somewhat amus

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Steve Toburen said:
Jon,

Plumbers can be a great way to bypass the insurance companies and their preferred network people. However, once you start down the "plumber kickback" road it is hard to stop. Ivan Turner (who is much more successful than Chavez :) ) has a unique approach to getting plumbers on board.

http://sfs.jondon.com/8807/blog/how-to- ... rrals-free

Steve Toburen
SFS.JonDon.com

PS Actually come to think of it Richard doesn't pay for referrals either. Hmmm ...
I dont know tourben, Ivans shop is up the road from me and I think chavez has him crushed

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom