I need to buy a new solution hose! Help

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I have called a few places and they don't have what I need..........

I have a live reel... The hose goes from my pump to reel........ And it's 250 feet of straight hose no quick disconnects in between...... No has 250 feet sections............. My machine has 800 hours on it.... I am having no problems with my hoses, but don't want to, so I thought I would replace.... I have good year neptune............. Should i break the hoses in sections? I never have to plug my hose into anything.

Running solution line live is the worst thing you can do with a hot machine. You need a hundred footer first off the reel then 50 footers after. Hook directly to the machine and your hose will last three times longer. If a hose shows signs of wear around a crimp, you can always take it in and get the hose recrimped.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Thanks guys, but I do not have a place to hook up the solution hose.......... it comes straight from the pump....... I think I like the way it is setup, cause i pull what I need, and never have to hook it up... Its not showing any wear, but I am affraid of the black death you all talk so much about.

All you need to do is run a small section off your pump with a quick connect and shut off valve to the back of the truck, pull off what hose the need, connect it to the quick connect, open the valve, and clean away.

TimP

My live hose to the solution reel messed up on mine. I have been doing without live for a long time. It actually busted a few months ago while doing long hose runs. I haven't seen a need to fix it.

K

Kabluey

I went to my local hose business and you can get the blue line for half the cost. Every town has a hose and fitting business.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
BIG WASTE to run 250ft of hose ALL the time when you only need 100 ft MOST of the time

it ain't no big deal to put a QD on the front of your TM..like nearly EVERY TM on the world.

there is very little time savings with a live reel.
at best, you're saving "maybe" 5 minutes a DAY on an average 5 job day.
What you're really doing is putting premature wear on the 100ft that stays on the reel 70% of the time

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Call windtrax.......they can make you up any length you want from 2 ft to 200 ft @ .79 a ft.......with bend restrictions if you want.......

Name
Nate W.
What kind of pos TM you running that doesn't have a q/c on the front of the machine? Who's idea was that, yours or theirs? :lol:

Just giving you crap Joey.... I'd break the hose down myself. I've never owned anything more then 25' and 50' solutions lines...

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
125' is the sweet spot...pulls into 95% of your houses, with no couplings inside..

plus if you do ever have to trim it back..then your not under the 100' mark

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I do have a hook up on the front of my machine that says........... solution......... lol but i use that to make my pre-spray

I can put one on the back to i suppose.. my POS is my beloved tCS:)

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I agree with Doug 125 is the sweet spot.

I keep 125 on my live reel and 125 rolled up hanging on a hook for the rare extra long hose run. Once per year I trash the 125 that's on the reel and rotate the extra 125 from hook to the reel.

I also agree with Jim, Windtrax.com is substantially cheaper than anyone else including my local hose companies and they have quick service.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've had hoses get cut in a commercial door. Would really HATE to have only ONE hose with no backup. I carry 4 100' reels on each truck. NO Neptune.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Why? What's wrong with neptune? It seems ok.. I'll have to take my tm to Chris Pond and have him re-do my hoses and put in a fitting. I suck at that kinda stuff.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I'd ought to drive over and spend an afternoon with you, at Lowes and NAPA or O'reilly's. I'm sure I'd learn a thing or two from you too. Will be driving back and forth to Central City a lot over the next two weeks. BG not that much further.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
joey895 said:
I keep 125 on my live reel and 125 rolled up hanging on a hook for the rare extra long hose run. Once per year I trash the 125 that's on the reel and rotate the extra 125 from hook to the reel.

Joey has his live reel figured out

we do something similar..only we don't use a live reel and 100ft gets us to most jobs
so we're set up on the reel...100ft, 50ft 100ft

..L.T.A.

Billy

Name
BH
Joey if you haven't already gotten it give me a call we use a local supplier for our low heat reel which we have 375' of GY Neptune. You can get it anytime you want weekdays.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Joey;

The first question is the type of hose you need.

I think there are wire-braid hoses with longer service life at high temps, than Neptune on live reels.

We like a smooth cover for easier sliding over the carpet.

Decide on the length you want and a quality hose provider should be able to assemble it with strain reliefs.

Larry

Name
Lee Stockwell
That's the stuff! We've used it and it's precursor for many years. I like the smooth jacket better, although I miss the rough covered ones higher 275 degree rating.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom