I neeed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
A faucet adapter kit......don't know if they have good ones ..bad ones..or really cheap kind...never used them before...but I want a good one......

Also need the gaskets that go between the star and the skids on a RX-20.....should be 5 of them.....

who has these items.........

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
pu faucet stuff at lowes get several different ones i think there is about 3 all together

joe harper

Name
joe harper
i am SURE olsin...has the felt rings for the RX....

Cheep freight..he can mail in a Envelope

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
A Standard garden hose adapter available at most hardware stores with both inside and outside faucet threads on it will work on almost all standard sink faucets out there.

Farenheit251

I get the adapters from Lowes or Ace. Choose the right one and it is threaded top,bottom,inside/outside to cover the most common faucets. I've yet to get stuck on a job with it not fitting. However they are very fragile,littlest bump and they wont thread so I always carry a spare. Don't ever roll up the hose with it attatched.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jim;

We have the needed faucet adapter sets:
autofhs.jpg

There are only a couple of mfgs.

We keep the adapters on the 3" rings to keep up with them.

I have a new PowerMax sample for you also, & I think we have the RX-20 gaskets. (edited)

Larry

John Olson

Name
John Olson
RX head gaskets are a buck or two and the standard faucet adaptor (ax22) is 7 bucks. I don't think anyone really needs the $40 kit unless you have a lot of older homes you need to hook up to. Gaskets can go in a padded envelope but the faucet adaptor might might break through so priority box is 4.95.

Larry he asked for head gaskets not felts

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
just so we are one the same page.....these are the gaskets that go between the shoe/skids on the star......

I also forgot..I need one of the star/4 way hose faucet thingys also..looked in the hard ware stores and could not find one........

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Yep same page. The head gaskets. The 4 way key is ax51 i think. I'm on my phone but you can look up the parts on interlink. Small items are not on our site as it takes to long to put them all up and I haven't figured out how to put shipping on
Little things with tiny profits that doesn't come across outrageous. Besides interlink has way more money so I use their site as a reference :)

Name
Lee Stockwell
It's actually the newer homes that will have the "oddball" faucets that require the inserts for the standard Chicago Specialty adapter. The main adapter is under $4 and the two inserts are about $3 each, locally. Kohler faucets are one of the off sized. Usually if one faucet in the house uses them, all of them will. I have collected nearly a dozen, but only use a couple in a year's time.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
you guys DO know how to make an adapter to plumb in at a toilet or sink shutoff....RIGHT?

Flared fitting plumbed up to NIP threads to a garden hose adapter...make it about four to six inches long
saved me a LOT!

Name
BradFenstermaker
Jim get what cappy posted. Mine came from ace hardware. If they have any other adapters get them to. I have three on the truck. The four way outside handle is there too.

Jondon should have the skid gaskits.

Later

Name
Nate W.
bob vawter said:
you guys DO know how to make an adapter to plumb in at a toilet or sink shutoff....RIGHT?

Flared fitting plumbed up to NIP threads to a garden hose adapter...make it about four to six inches long
saved me a LOT!

When the home floods because it wasn't put back on properly, you'll be the one to blame. That's a bozo no no... shiteatinggrin

I bought one of those adaptor rings kits. It sucks a$$. I wasn't able to use it with my setup. I lost my old connection. I agree with going to lowe's or home depot to get the adaptor. I only use my with my porty setup. I can always find a hose bib or laundry sink with the hose bib built into the spout. Be careful not to over tighten it. The threads are not forgiving if you use pliers to take it off. Always use a rag to put on and take off. I sliced up my thumb and fingers taking it off without a rag. It would slice my fingers like a razor blade, no blood drawn but you can see the cuts in the skin.

IMG00233-20100918-2200.jpg

IMG00232-20100918-2200.jpg

IMG00235-20100918-2201.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

go a head and send me out the gaskets for the RX skids.....

Thanks...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
bob vawter said:

I do, but WHY in thEEhell would I want to crawl under someone's sink ?
WHY would i want to disconnect a supply line that hasn't been touched in 5, 10, 15 years and chance a valve being bad, or supply line not resecuring without leaking, when I can simply and easily unscrew an aerator on a faucet and screw in a hose adapter??

you wuz in this bid'ness HOW LONG????
and you REALLY crawled under a sink or disconnected a toilet for water????... :shock:

you're kidding, right?? :roll:
It's a joke, ain't it?
You're just trying to find someone dumb enough to do such a FOOL thing..... :lol: :lol:

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
NO Larry.....i USUALLY had an assortment of adapters that would work......but there WAS this one apt building that had ODD sized faucets.....i learned real quick that i would lose all the jobs in that complex(projects) if i couldn't come up wit something......so i built the adapter....it one knows which way to turn a nut and how to hold the opposing flare nut....there is never a problem......
till some ass on a BB...who shops at Harbor Frieght thinks he knows ever thing!

so bite me Mr knowitall

5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdCWgWlbyLU5]

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

I here you got a hold of the credit card police.........

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
bob vawter said:
NO Larry.....i USUALLY had an assortment of adapters that would work......but there WAS this one apt building that had ODD sized faucets.....i learned real quick that i would lose all the jobs in that complex(projects) if i couldn't come up wit something......so i built the adapter....it one knows which way to turn a nut and how to hold the opposing flare nut....there is never a problem......
till some ass on a BB...who shops at Harbor Frieght thinks he knows ever thing!

so bite me Mr knowitall

One word. Onboard water. OK two.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
bob vawter said:
9 words
shocks springs balljoints draglinks tie rods tires gas mileage
2 more words

HI FLOW...id blow through a water supply like nothing....

soooo wth are the gaskets hes talkin bout???

and why do i want to spend $40 for something that

A. i only 2 of them on the ring
B. you could make your own for about $10, and 15 min in the store

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Jim Martin said:
[quote="John Olson":szeuboez]Sure thing Jim. Ill put them in the mail tomorrow.

I here you got a hold of the credit card police.........[/quote:szeuboez]
LOL yep :) she wasn't about to give it out with making sure who was getting it

Name
Nate W.
floorguy said:
bob vawter said:
9 words
2 more words

HI FLOW...id blow through a water supply like nothing....

soooo wth are the gaskets hes talkin bout???

and why do i want to spend $40 for something that

A. i only 2 of them on the ring
B. you could make your own for about $10, and 15 min in the store

Now WTF has Olson kept telling you for years?????? You can either waste your time playing hide-n-seek to save a buck or two, or buy it from him and not have to waste your time. i.e..... If you make $100+ an hour, you spend 15mins going to the store and buy it, you just spent more money.... $25/15mins + $3/gas + $10/parts = $38.00 shiteatinggrin

The few times I have to hook into a sink the standard one you get at the hardware store almost always works.

How many times do you really need to hook into a sink?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

I here you got a hold of the credit card police.........[/quote:1voqxtak]
LOL yep :) she wasn't about to give it out with making sure who was getting it[/quote:1voqxtak]

we had to shut down that old account...we were buying things out of a company in California and they decided to treat them selfs to lunch on me every now and then.....so she don't do nothing with out knowing what is going on...normally if I want something I just get it and toss the receipt on her desk and tell her it needs paid.....normally people here from the boards don't call and ask they just send it and it gets paid.........LMAO when she told me.....keep that card on file...( no lunches)

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
bob vawter said:
9 words

Lets see here:
My truck 160K miles
Shocks - original
Springs - original
Balljoints - 2nd set only because the factories were not greasable
Draglinks - original
Tie rods - original
Tires - Just put on my 4th. set @ 158K
Gas mileage - for what I have lost in gas mileage I have gained in no lost time dicking around looking for water supplies and taking apart peoples plumbing and the fact I can clean all those vacant winterized homes here in the North east. Not to mention no more phone calls like the one from a lovely girl that was crying and it appeared her husband was about to beat the shit out of her for letting someone **** with the outside water spigots that he had all drained down for the winter. And the occasional basement water damage job from the leaking behind the wall when you turn it on Freeze Proof Faucet. And the occasional commercial bldg that does not have a water source or outside tap for 4-500 feet.

ps. You forgot brakes. I am on my 2nd. set of rear shoes, 3 rd. set of front pads and at 100K I put on Rotors and Drums cause I thought it was time.

Maybe you should get a real truck instead of a Church van.

Name
Nate W.
KevinD said:
bob vawter said:
9 words

Lets see here:
My truck 160K miles
Shocks - original
Springs - original
Balljoints - 2nd set only because the factories were not greasable
Draglinks - original
Tie rods - original
Tires - Just put on my 4th. set @ 158K
Gas mileage - for what I have lost in gas mileage I have gained in no lost time dicking around looking for water supplies and taking apart peoples plumbing and the fact I can clean all those vacant winterized homes here in the North east. Not to mention no more phone calls like the one from a lovely girl that was crying and it appeared her husband was about to beat the shit out of her for letting someone ACE with the outside water spigots that he had all drained down for the winter. And the occasional basement water damage job from the leaking behind the wall when you turn it on Freeze Proof Faucet. And the occasional commercial bldg that does not have a water source or outside tap for 4-500 feet.

ps. You forgot brakes. I am on my 2nd. set of rear shoes, 3 rd. set of front pads and at 100K I put on Rotors and Drums cause I thought it was time.

Maybe you should get a real truck instead of a Church van.

I'm so glad I don't have to deal with snow........ shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom