I Quit!

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
After 6 years being a BDCC I'm calling it quits. I just wanted to say thanks to you whacked out bunch of guys for making my short lived career a whole lot easier and funner. The knowledge, the sense of humor and the comradery of you knuckleheads is priceless. Special thanks to Mikey and his fests, they were one of the highlights of my brief excursion to ccing. Also to Jim Martin, Joel Riggs, your help was invaluable.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Sorry to see you go Mike...Keep my number....you need anything just yell...we aren't to far away......

Reactions: miksar

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
The cc business was great, my phone was always a ringing. But I'm pushing 62 and it just stopped being fun. I've always wanted to be a Realtor since I was a young man. But because of different circumstances the timing never was right. But now that I'm an older fart the time is right. I'm a partner in Ace Mulligan Homes LLC in San Tan Valley (SE of Phoenix) and am loving it.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Best of luck. BNI seems to work great here in NJ for realtors if a spot is open.

Reactions: Connor

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
SIXTY TWO! You should have quit a long time ago! :p

Congrats! You know once a cleaner always a cleaner. You'll be going through houses thinking "this could use a good steam cleaning". :winky:

Good luck!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Congrats on the semi retirement :)

So....does that mean you have some equipment for sale?

Chavez is looking to outfit an entire box truck with portables I think I saw on a post somewhere here. :icon_razz:

Seriously, hope to still see you around the board and best wishes on the new adventure!

(Sorry Richard...just was a weak moment for me)

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
Im glad it is working out for you Mike. I wish I could have pulled the trigger on buying your outfit. The people who bought it will do real well from you years of work out here. Although your custmers will miss you.

Mike was referring customers to me for the last few months. And hands down his customers loved the guy.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Best of luck. BNI seems to work great here in NJ for realtors if a spot is open.

Yup that dang BNI Group again. Same here! They work REALLY well with the Bank, Mortgage and Insurance Clan. All of em get their haircuts at the same place,
from the group lol

This is a Great Thread. I mean it's always a bummer to lose one of the group but hey, never blame a man for trying to better himself.
The reality is any given moment we are all at some sort of risk of having to Re-Gear our lives and careers, Ain't none of us getting any younger!
Best of luck to ya Feller : )

Only at Mikeysboard will you learn what to do after your Carpet Cleaning Career!

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Too bad you didn't have someone to run the cleaning business while you're Real Estate-ing around town .. seems it woulda gone hand in hand - referring every clients home and shaking down all other agents in your path for a referral .. oh well .. good luck !!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've thought about having my wife get her RE license. I clean for people who are putting their house on the market all the time. Could be some easy money?

The Clean Machine

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Hey Rusty .. before you do that .. ask her if she dosent mind working nights and weekends and at the drop of a hats notice .. unless she focuses on commercial properties, that might be the schedule she'll need to keep .. I'd probably wait until you unload the tax credits I mean the wonderful children before diving in ..

Reactions: Russ T.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Man, I'm 61 and don't know what I'd do not cleaning almost everyday! Keeps the lead in my pencil......

Now if I make it to 70......

Hell it knocks the starch outta my sheets what are you eating, smoking, drinking????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: Jeff Madsen

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Hell it knocks the starch outta my sheets what are you eating, smoking, drinking????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well, Sam.....been doing this like 38 years. It seems to come naturally. Pull up to job, inspect job, pull out hoses, clean, put everything away, collect, head to next job. Repeat.

I get a kick outta bringin' the youngins' to clean, and they're ready to take a nap 1/2 way through the job. I just keep wanding away.

Diet wise, I haven't smoked in 35 years, don't drink soda pop, don't overdo the fatty foods, walk everyday with my wife and dog. No vitamins, no energy drinks, except coffe, lot's of coffee. Take it one day at a time, don't book steady jobs all day....I break between jobs. And I don't take the junk work. If I can't get my price, I just respectfully don't do the job. There's plenty of others that will work for less.

I got a word for the low ball cleaners that are working on volume.....................Pure "Dip-shit-ery". (as quoted on the FX TV show "Fargo".)

Plus, I still enjoy doing what I do, especially with some of the new tools available, and I credit Lisa (and Greenie) for perservering in keeping the glide on the market at a huge expence to them. I wouldn't be cleaning without a glide today.

Last edited:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
As for smoking.......I'll admit to smoking a little weed in my earlier years. And, I my be smoking it again......medicinally....when I do retire from my years of pushing that wand!

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I deal with a Real Estate company that has 10 Agents.

Kinda like apts but more money per job : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom