I raised my prices.

Mikey P

Administrator
Well , my minimum anyways.
Long over due but I'm now at $150 even in my closest service area.

5 out of 8 jobs today were minimums so the $125 bonus was sweet considering my trip to the gas station today cost me.

Maybe some day I'll have the courage of Billy Hix and have a $300 m/c.

Mikey P

Administrator
I never would.

I don't mind small jobs. They lead to bigger ones and if one of your regulars wants one room done they would (and should) hire a guy with a much lower minimum and most likely will stick with him from then on.

Billy's AT will be on ebay in another year or less.

Besides I still did 1750 today so "KMA)

hogjowl

Idiot™
Dude called me this afternoon at 4PM. Said his mother was coming in tomorrow and his wife wanted his 3 BR, Hall and LR cleaned. Open areas only. 650 s.f. of carpet. I cleaned it for $100. Ken Snow money.

But, it only took me .83 hours. $120 an hour and I was home to watch the news by 5:30.

It wasn't a trailer, but it was just about as small.

hogjowl

Idiot™
$162.00 for me, but I just wanted to see if I could do it in under an hour and for Ken Snow money.

Only thing I didn't do was prevacuum. I would have if they hadn't done a good job of vacuuming, but it was vacuumed well.

Thing I learned is ... I don't want to work for Ken Snow money.

I had to work too fast.

Now, if I had two man crews and 10 or 12 Ken Snow jobs a day ... that would be a different story.

Mikey P

Administrator
I dont think Ken does 10 to 12.

Hagopian is not Splash and Dash, more like Upsell and Sell em some more.

Vawter's chimp and Nellos do that many or can for sure.

Al

Were up to 150. minimum too, we have to do quite a bit of traveling sometimes. Like yesterday we were all over the state and a job in Ma.

Mike Draper

650 Sq. Ft. for $100.00 . WOW. that's .15 per foot. how can you and why would you clean for that.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
nine today.....
i jus sent out my reminder cards while back...

i added "same day service" and it REALLY heped!!!

i always get at least one or two last minute "emergencys"

Mike Draper

I have an Idea[/b . I'm going to raise the prices of my minimum to the price of a barrel of oil. This way I can just say" Ma'am, it's all about supply and demand, I have no control over it. Just think by the end of the year my minimum will be $300.00 just like oil!!

Bob Foster

Watching all my competitors cleaning my town in front of me is making my skin crawl. In the space of 5 minutes driving home I saw 4 different companies in MY town.

I can't wait to get the new truck on the road. When I do I am going to be aggressive as hell and there will be a lower minimum than I used to have within 10 miles.

Al

Wow that sucks Bob :( We have a Service Master in town but I have never seen them cleaning in town, in fact we clean the building they reside in, with the exception of her office.

I saw my first Stanley Steamer in town a couple of weeks ago and they actually cleaned on the next street over. I'm sure a few others must sneak in now and then but I had like 6 people tell me they saw SS in town that day. Hey it's a small town, they got's my back. lol

Out of town we see one now and then but we could go a week without seeing another CC truck. Makes me wonder why were not booked flat out? 8)

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Minimum charges around here?

big ego cleaning: $55.00
elite cleaning: $65.00
Us: $65.00
A few hacks: $45.00
Stanley Steemer: $99.00
Chem Douche: $99.00
Everybody else: $65.00

That includes to the next town over... 15 miles onramp to offramp.

I so desperately want to raise my minimum... But as long as Big Ego is at $55.00, we gotta stay in the neighborhood. He has the name recognition.

Able 1

Name
Keith
how much do eggs cost where you are in cal.? houses around here that cost 250,000 cost at least 500,000 in cal. it is all relative! it is cost of living. my Price's are way too low but i am willing to fix that I know I am not getting what i am worth but i have only been in business for 2 and a half years. get them with them with the low prices and then bump them up

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom