I want a Lithium Jiggler

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
We have rechargeable everything these days, Vacuums, Lawn mowers, Carts, Bikes, Cars...

I want rechargeable VLM equipment... Cimex, OP Jiggler, CRB.

The battery pack(s) could slide in/out for quick recharging on larger jobs, and fresh battery's put in, as well as removed for easier transport up stairs.

This would speed up allot of jobs, wear you need to get around 100's of cubicles, and travel 100's of feet to do so (Most of my big comm. jobs)

I almost need a second person to fight with the cord / keep it out of my way on some jobs.

I realize this would add HUGE expense, but doubling efficiency is worth its weight in gold to someone like me that does 10's of 1000's of SQFT every week.

The Technology is there!

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Yes the technology is here. I have researched it and made calls. I see the fuel cell industry as the only viable power source that would provide our industry with the power required for our use. The large warehouse fork lift industry is the place to find the power packs we need. They are commonly used in 24/7 forklift operations. Fuel cell power is silent and the by product I a tremendous amount of heat which should be able to super heat our solutions. It is very costly and that is why the ROI is typically geared toward 24/7 operation. BUT it is the cats ass.

Reactions: AshleyMckendree

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ashley;

Modern lithium ion technology can do the job.

Expense of cells and electronics is the major drawback.

Electric motorcycles have the technology now.

All our UV lights are powered by lithium ion cells.

Larry

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I was going to mention the Carpet Max as well.

D

Deleted member 51539

Cut the BS (carpet Max)140 amp 24v drive system... really? think about it...

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Most of the battery-powered tools out there are set up for intermittent (think drill) use. Once you start to think in tems of continuous use, the battery pack size becomes the limiting factor. If you consider a 3/4hp OP machine and, say, 2 hours continuous run time for instance, even a Li-Ion pack would weigh 80 lbs or so. Do you really want to push that much weight around? If you reduce the weight of the pack, do you really want to run back and forth changing battery packs every half-hour?

And do you want to triple the price of the machine? I'm not sure we're there yet....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom