I was even amazed with Fiber Protector

Earthman

Name
Jimi
Umm. Anti-microbial claims without EPA registration number may be a show stopper. The fines can be onerous. Be aware. Does anyone have or know if an EPA reg number exists for the "professional" version of this?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The cynical curmudgeon is instantly wary.

That's because we've seen it all, done it all, and had it all done to us...I'm the same, and keep testing every protector I can get my hands on.

This is the way I have tested protectors the past year, and its something everyone should do:

1. Apply it to a fabric or rug that's new
2. Put something difficult, but not impossible, to remove on the treated fabric, like vegetable oil (not many people spill vegetable oil on fabric...but its a good "push it to the limit test")
3. Rub it with a clean white cloth gently, since most customers won't blot.
4. Wait a few days....like the time frame of a cleaner being called to follow up.
5. Attempt to remove the spot. You'll usually have to use a series of products, but the oil will come out.
6. Retest the area you spotted after its dried, and draw your conclusions.

Another test:

1. Precondition a dirty fabric with whatever you need to use to get it clean.
2. Rinse and extract like you usually would.
3. Apply your protector.
4. After a couple of days of curing, compare its ability to repel water and oil to the new fabric you tested above, and draw your conclusions.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Orrrr .... you can PM Jim every few months and ask him what he's selling the most of at that time.

LOL...nahh then you'll never do it yourself...

And I test everything, not just those I represent.

Everything is better than the cynics think, and not as good as the marketers say...

But that's true with most anything, isn't it?

Reactions: TomKing

Jim Bardwell

Name
Jim Bardwell
Umm. Anti-microbial claims without EPA registration number may be a show stopper. The fines can be onerous. Be aware. Does anyone have or know if an EPA reg number exists for the "professional" version of this?

Fiber ProTector America does not claim any antimicrobial status for its protection products here in the United States.
However, It does in fact have an bacteriostatic affect on treated surfaces.
A bacteriostatic agent or bacteriostat, abbreviated Bstatic, is a biological or chemical agent that stops bacteria from reproducing, while not necessarily killing them otherwise. Depending on their application, bacteriostaticantibiotics can be distinguished for use as market place identifiers.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
EPA Label Review Manual-
"Terms which describe a specific level of efficiency and which are standard EPA excepted claims such as bacteriostatic are acceptable when data supports their use."
See PR notice 93-6
------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it any point during the webcast you feel as though Fiber ProTector was presented as an antimicrobial agent please let me know and we will gladly make any adjustments necessary. My intent was to present the product as we are currently utilizing it in our company. I would never want to incorrectly present Fiber ProTector as anything other then it's current designated use for US distribution.
Please feel free to contact me directly with any other questions or just to share information in the future.
Jim@trifocusconsulting.com

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom