I went shopping...

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
And finally was able to see one of these:

View attachment 5097

This is the medium length and medium hight model. Looks very promising when I compare it to the E150/250/350 junks. This medium hight and length model will be probably the best option for the average bdcc.

I will opt for the 5cylinder diesel and the sliding doors on both sides.
Unfortunately they didn't let me drive it because it hasn't cleared inspection yet. They just got them in yesterday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Art Kelley

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I wanted to put my van (150) next to it for comparison but they didn't want me to drive in between all the new cars.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
In our fleet we have 10-Fords, 7-Chevy/GMC's, 3-Isuzu's, 2-Toyota's, the GMC ride smoother than Fords but I'm not totally sold on the Chevy/GMC's either.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
That thing doesn't look near as good as a 2006 Ford E250 extended van....with 41,909 miles.

How do you drive so little...I have an '08 here and I have 136000 miles on it...with the 5.4l V8 gas guzzler... The new ones look a hell of a lot better than the E series and with the more up to date engines it WILL save bags of money on gas..especially with the 5 cylinder turbo diesel.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I drove the diesel priced at 40000 and I liked it. Drove it about 30 or so miles both mix if highway and city and in 90 miles so far in the vehicle was averaging 21 per gallon.

Took some corners and off ramps at speed and didn't feel any sway, which I found surprising because this was the version with 6 foot height inside.

Good power on acceleration and very strong and responsive brakes upon initial impression.

I definatly see one or two of these for is the near distant futerE.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Looks very promising when I compare it to the E150/250/350 junks.

Hey, take it easy...

It can only handle better than the dinosaur technology in the E series...

You should go apologize to your truck for talking like that!

I love my E250!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
1 good thing about being commercial only, we only put about 10k miles on the van per year.

Reactions: JS41035

Chris A

Name
Chris
If sombody figures out how to install a pto in a Transit I will probably buy a low roof Ecoboost one in the next year. My favorite of the new vans.

Mike Draper

I only put about 7-8k a year in miles as most if my jobs are 2-3 miles apart. Kinda nice.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My 2010 and 2011 Chevys are better than the 2002 I had that was real crap. So far these run great less plastic crap breaking to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom