i9s anyone still making there own diesil fuel?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I recall it being talked about a lot a few years ago.

ads for plans and stills to "make your own diesel fuel for pennies a gal" seemed to be abundant

but other than Dave Rampage and maybe Ashley McKenzie claiming they brewed their own, is anyone really doing it?

or was it just another snake oil traveling road show?

..L.T.A.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Above 60 deg outside we run 90% WVO mixed with rest Bio-diesel.

Wintertime we run 100% Bio-diesel.

It is gumming up there injectors because they are not taking the soap out of there bio-diesel.

Alot of people skip the soap removal process because its a PITA, and they think the only way to remove it is by "washing"... but
Very few TRUE Bio-Diesel(ers) use a time/heat process that forces the soap to DROP to the bottom.

Mako314

I make my own BIODIESEL! when made correctly and to ATSM standard it runs great, I've put about 40,000 miles on our powerstroke van running it and have had no trouble. the TRUE biodiesel can also be used in the oil fired HE machines....I use the biodiesel to heat my house in the winter also.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
How long and how much does it cost to make your own Bio-diesel? Can you make the equipment from a combination of products readily available at local warehouse supply stores or do you have to buy specially designed kits? What's the secret recipe to make the good quality Bio you speak of? If I could make my own I'd switch over to diesel everything or damn close to it, at least my vehicles and who knows... maybe I'll have to buy a V? :mrgreen:

PM me if it's easier.

Mako314

check out this website http://www.biodieselcommunity.org/appleseedprocessor/ . this site has many examples of "homemade" biodiesel reactors plus lots of info on the correct way to manufacture biodiesel. I use a stand alone flow through unit that was made by biodiesel solutions and I routinely make about 400 gal a week. the time used to make the fuel depends on the style of processor and your preferred method and recipe, the cost is also determined by these factors and the availability of and price of raw materials. I make my fuel in 50 gallon batches and it takes about 4 hours per batch and the hard cost for me is about .88 per gallon! this is a very good solution to high fuel prices and has the potential to boost profits and save money if it is made correctly and efficiently. read through the page that I just listed and then if you have any questions feel free to ask me, I'll be happy to answer your questions or help you in any way I can.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom