Icapsol vs. Procaps?!!

tim

Im looking for a lightweight GLS to aggitate prespray before I wand. I see Gelinas has the Icapsol and Prochem makes Procaps. Anyone have an idea which one gives the most aggitation? I am looking at Whittaker machine but seems too heavy for residential. I have a Brute and Cimex for commercial.

Jose Smith

I am looking at Whittaker machine but seems too heavy for residential.

The Whittaker is not too heavy for residential. Just don't get the mounted applicator. Spray manually. I have a 15 inch GLS that works great in residential.

Jose Smith

Name
Bill Soukoreff
They are made by the same company and are the same. Negative: Can't get different brushes.

I would look at Rick's Sprint (made by Truvox - the Cimex guys), although it is also for hard floor, it offers you the option of softer and stiffer brushes, and also has a bigger tray for collecting all the crud and hair you will pull out. Only 14" width, but for resi it is great.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Tim;

I have used the GLS and the ProCaps machines.

I would choose the ProCaps since it has a stronger drive system and parts are made in the U.S.

Better agitation will require a heavier machine with a stronger motor. That will be about 25# heavier than the above machines.

Larry Cobb

The Preacher

i had a 20" GLS that i used in residential and in a lot of empties that the carpets wern't to bad in. I'd get a GLS before one of the newer machines.

i'm gonna be buying a new CRB and it will probably be a Whittaker!

It what is the weight of the GLS ?

I love my Icapsol/Procaps now with a 175 and a CRB we can do what ever needs to be done. Don't be fooled by the low profile of the Icapsol with it not being a crubbing beast.

Oh ya 1k cheaper too helps alot

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I was on a demo at a commercial site where they used the icapsol and it hopped like mad.

I would prefer the GLS and dial in what brushes you would use to prevent hop.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Did I just read one of you fools say that you can't get different brushes for the GLS?

Personally, while I love my GLS, I only use it for encap. cleaning of commercial carpets. For prescrubbing of residential carpets, I prefer my 175 rotary.

I keep hearing how light duty the GLS is, but I've been using mine now for about 6 years, and have had no problem with it.

Or with the three sets of different brushes that that dummy said I can't get.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Chris typically the blue brushes work fine for commercial.

But I do like those aggressive green ones for grease filled restaurants to dig out that grease with my prespray!

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Sorry if I caused confusion. I was referring to the iCapsol and the Procap as been the same machine, and as of yet, you CANNOT get any different brushes for them. For me that is an important consideration.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Marty;

Some HD machines have 5 different brushes:
brushes.jpg

Larry Cobb

ron markam

Love my Gls and have only had one problem .The hot wires came loose on my terminal block and melted the block. Took about 20 or 30 mins to fix. If a distributor close to me has an I capsol I would like to demo but without additional choices for brushes even at 1k cheaper it is limited.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
the machine you mention are the same machine

I have one, it has never bounced on any commercial carpet I have used it on

I had a problem with it but it was fixed under warranty

pretty happy with it, great as a prescrubber and it digs up quite a bit of crap out of carpet

I wouldn't try to use it as a straight encap machine, I think you would be disappointed

I have posted pictures before so if you search my name you should be able to find them

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom