Ice Stalagmites formed in the palm of my hand...

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I would get a camera and try to reproduce this if I wasn't afraid of permanently damaging myself or getting frostbite.

It was somewhere around 5 degrees, and I pulled out the prime hose and stuck it in the 2 1/2 inch vacuum hose and cupped it with my hand. It got so incredibly cold and I pulled my hand away to find stalagmites of ice about 3/4 of an inch high sitting in the palm of my hand completely frosted over. I thought I might have frostbite but the stuff melted and I was fine.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
three Eskimos were talking about how cold it was

the first says,

"It's so cold at my igloo, when I pee, it freezes as soon as it hits the ground"

Not to be out done, the second says,

"it's so cold in mine, the pee freezes BEFORE it hits the ground"

the third smiles and says,

"Look at this"

as he pulls back the caribou blanket on his bed to reveal some brown flakes .

The other two laugh and say that doesn't mean anything...until Nanook grabbed one of the brown flakes and tossed it into the fire...
( now hear the sound of a fart)

..L.T.A.

Mike Draper

A fancy ring, is just that. A fancy ring. A strong commitment is worth more. Rings are just for show, and you can't bring them with you when u die. Don't let the ring postpone you from getting married whenu find the right woman.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Mike Draper said:
A fancy ring, is just that. A fancy ring. A strong commitment is worth more. Rings are just for show, and you can't bring them with you when u die. Don't let the ring postpone you from getting married whenu find the right woman.

That is the absolute truth. A ring is just a symbol. You've got to wory if the symbol she (or you) sees in it is "status". It's also a waste of money and exploits resources and workers to support the industry and keep diamonds at an inflated value. Give her something unique (maybe a stone other than diamond) and invest your money into something that will matter to the future of your relationship.

Take care,
Lisa

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Yes Gary,

Take it from me - Don't go spending a ton of cash on a damn ring.(oops) From the heart, and how it symbolizes your mutual feelings together means more.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
If I don't have it or can't afford it by summer then it will be keeping me from doing what I want to do.

As for the inflated price of diamonds, I know, and she knows. She's not getting a diamond. She is getting two rubies and a moissianite which is a crystal with a hardness of 9 (diamond is 10) and usually sparkles like a flawless diamond. Most can't tell the difference without performing a test.

The problem is the custom setting I'm making. My initial bid was 3500 for the setting, plus stones.

Now its looking like after shopping around I can get it for about 2500 from a respectable local jeweler with the stones. So I just gotta sell my drumset, make the down payment and then throw a few bills on it each month. Should work out on the timing. Anybody wanna buy a drumset?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
B&BGaryC said:
Anybody wanna buy a drumset?

Maker and model??
model is needed cause most manufactures have a cheap , mid and pro line

and what kind of brass?
again, make AND model

..L.T.A.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
A Tama Swingstar Set with lots of extras.
All new cymbals.(Set is used, not original symbols)
A Paiste 802 High hat on nice stand
A Sabian Pro Studio Ride
A Sabian Pro Crash
A Sabian Pro Splash
Remo Drum Heads
Two High Toms
One Low Tom
Kick Drum
Snare
Carry Cases for All drums
CAD PMP 632C Drum Mic Kit. This is not the kit you can pick up for $150.00 on Ebay. This is the Nicer kit and retails for $350.00
Kit contains:
3 Regular drum mics
1 Bass Drum Mic
2 Condenser Mics
Carry Case for all mics

This is an AWESOME sounding set complete and ready for recording, ready for live gigs, plug and play with carry cases. Everything you need to record and play live, plus top notch cymbals including the hard to find vintage 802 Paiste.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I am asking 1000 bucks for local pickup. I decided if I like the person I will throw in the mic cables and two boom stands. Shipping is estimated at a hundred forty to a hundred seventy. Just a guess from a music store I called

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
All hardwar included. Throne included. Single kick pedal included

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
B&BGaryC said:
A Tama Swingstar Set with lots of extras.
All new cymbals.(Set is used, not original symbols)
A Paiste 802 High hat on nice stand
A Sabian Pro Studio Ride
A Sabian Pro Crash
A Sabian Pro Splash
Remo Drum Heads
Two High Toms
One Low Tom
Kick Drum
Snare
Carry Cases for All drums
CAD PMP 632C Drum Mic Kit. This is not the kit you can pick up for $150.00 on Ebay. This is the Nicer kit and retails for $350.00
Kit contains:
3 Regular drum mics
1 Bass Drum Mic
2 Condenser Mics
Carry Case for all mics

This is an AWESOME sounding set complete and ready for recording, ready for live gigs, plug and play with carry cases. Everything you need to record and play live, plus top notch cymbals including the hard to find vintage 802 Paiste.

Thanks Gar.
I'm not interested in the Swingstar.
But might be interested is some of the other gear if you'll sell separate
you called the Sabians the "Pro" model. are they the "B8" series ?
If they're the AA, AAX or HHX series I'm interested

and what do you want for the mic kit?

Thanks

..L.T.A.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Crash and splash are B8 pro. The ride just says studio ride.

I don't think I can sell a drumset without cymbals, so I will keep those.

Hadn't thought about selling the mics separate. I'll figure out what I want for them and get back to you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom