I'd like to slap Yappy and Vlad upside the head..

Mikey P

Administrator
every timme I have to go under the V and clean up all the grease the falls from the blower unto the belt pulleys.

JHFC, what were they thinking...

Would two feet of hose to a cup or tray have broken the bank?

I really need to retro that.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
seeing how you don't have a 7000

next time you take the cover off have a few of these lines made up and screw them in and what I did was I placed mine on the blower pipe so it would just melt off any extra grease.......

I pulled these down for the picture but normally they lay on top.........
no greasy belt and no drips in driveways

100_3528.jpg

TimP

I really do find it funny that they didn't offer dual splash with those models. I have no grease fittings for my blower however on pto I have to lube it up. I don't see why they couldn't run permanent bearings in the PTO for my cds. I believe cleanco has a sealed shaft. Anyways it's a pita and there is better out there I just don't understand why they don't go with what is easier for maintenance and more reliable.

Matt King

Try Militec or Paragon 3000 grease. There are some good grease formulas from australia as well such as Tru-Blu. We have a diesel truck shop here that uses nothing but Paragon which has an oil seperation of 0.0% on its spec sheet. I've used some high dollar synthetic greases where the oil seperates pretty quick and runs down the side of the blower. It doesn't do much good there.. As far as grease pushing out from pressure, all 3 mentioned above hold extremely well. Very 'tacky' yet still move well when cold/warm. You definitely won't heave to clean up as much grease.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Had to make a belt adjustment today..................

it has been wet and rainy and they started to squeal

so took a few picks of the other end..........

100_3980.jpg

100_3981.jpg

John Crystal

If you are getting grease on your belts and on the driveway, you are putting too much grease in each time. Try cutting back how many pumps with the grease gun you put in. Putting to much grease in can pop out the seals, not often put it can happen. Also belt dressing can help with stopping the belts from slipping, until you are able to tighten them up.

John

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
this thing is so flippen easy to work on it is unreal.......

they just over looked a few small details that are easy to correct..........

Name
Lee Stockwell
NAPA and other sources have extension hoses with 1/8"npt threads that are interchangeable for either fill or vent side of the bearing cover. Typically 18" or 36" long($9-$15) and can be joined with 1/8" pipe for whatever configuration needed. I raised this with SY a couple of years back.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
so are you talking about the grease that seeps out of the weep holes after you grease the blower and once the blower heats up more comes out???

if you are QUIT GREASING the blower so damn much!!!! it don't need it

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
No matter how little you put in the when the blower gets to temp some grease will "weep" out......

when you grease it................you want to see some of the old grease "weep" out of the holes to insure that you have the bearings 100% repacked......

Just set everything up accordingly so nothing gets on the belts

same with you U-joints you want to see some grease come out of all 4 cups
and on the pillar block bearings some out the dust covers...

and switch everything over to a good grade high temperature grease.......

Name
Jesse
How much variable is there between blowers grease requirements? The owners manual for my w/m 56 says 1 pump per zirc, per week. I never see old grease coming out the others side but it does weep when the blower is hot.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Out Of Character said:
How much variable is there between blowers grease requirements? The owners manual for my w/m 56 says 1 pump per zirc, per week. I never see old grease coming out the others side but it does weep when the blower is hot.

grease breaks down just like oil.............
I would always make sure it is completely packed buy doing the above........

so this is what you get for 90k

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm

T

no you get a am/fm cd player also..........

Back
Top Bottom