Idea bonus's

-JB-

Name
JB
My assistant came up w/an idea that was really cheap to implement, and saves us quite a bit of time=$$, so HE mentioned that where he WORKED, they would offer bonus's for good ideas, sounds like it might be a good idea, knee jerk, BUT I also wonder if that's not PART of the reason his old job is now being performed by a man named Ling.

Thoughts.....

steve r

if he is able to show or put a dollar amount on the idea and you agree to implement it then sure why not give a percentage of the value.

-JB-

Name
JB
Well all ideas to improve systems will generally result in more $/hr, but determining the value real or perceived, is the hard part.

So....

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
if you think it was particularly beneficial to your company, then pay him what YOU feel it's worth to you, or give him a raise. He should not dictate to you what it is worth, nor are you obligated to pay him anything for it, it would just be a nice gesture if you can possibly do it.

Take care,
Lisa

Scott

The military has a systems improvement program that works on a bonus deal like this. If your employee's idea can prove that it will save you time, make you money, etc. then possibly.

What I've found with good ideas is they're all well and good, but putting them into motion is a completely different animal. If you do decide to bonus him for his idea, I would put him in charge of getting it up and running smoothly, with as little of your assistance as possible, if possible. He's getting the cash; he needs to work for it.

Scott

R

R W

I pulled a $20,000 suggestion award from General Motors right before I retired. It involved a 2" piece of drinking straw, which saved GM $100's of thousands of dollars in re-engineering a part. To GM, it was worth the $20,000 to implement my idea, rather than change 4 parts at a huge expense to GM and the vendor.

Sure it's worth paying an employee or sharing with them any additional income an idea would produce.

Name
Tom McLaughlin
The idea is to keep your employees interested in looking for or coming up with suggestions that help your company.

A simple bonus check, a gift card to a restaurant, employee of the month or a % of the savings are all viable treats for your employee.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Yes Danger...you are so right!

But sometimes a "that a boy" goes a long way ...AND the best parking spot for a month too!

-JB-

Name
JB
bawb, I belieb thats ware the K.I.S.S. pwinciple came fwom huh?

Atta boi!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom