Idea for cleaning machine

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Forgive me for my non carpet cleaning mind ignorance but I was thinking of yesterday when I saw the Rotovac vid that Mikey posted. I know ...uh oh.

Anyway, has anyone developed a machine that acts like a wand (back and forth motion) instead of a rotary?
Contained under a cover like rotovac or RX20 but the wand head would be powered to move in similar fashion to the way the Tech would use it instead of circles. Maybe even have 2 wand head going under it?

This way, you might be able to get into corners better. You could also have glides on them just like a wand and you wouldn't damage transitions.
I would think it would be a simple motor to power it and it would be really light.

Just thinking with my fingers again.

I'm sure the gurus could explain it better.

A

amazingcleansc

one of the nice things about a rotary is it scrubs all sides of the fiber which your idea wouldnt.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
Forgive me for my non carpet cleaning mind ignorance but I was thinking of yesterday when I saw the Rotovac vid that Mikey posted. I know ...uh oh.

Anyway, has anyone developed a machine that acts like a wand (back and forth motion) instead of a rotary?
Contained under a cover like rotovac or RX20 but the wand head would be powered to move in similar fashion to the way the Tech would use it instead of circles. Maybe even have 2 wand head going under it?

This way, you might be able to get into corners better. You could also have glides on them just like a wand and you wouldn't damage transitions.
I would think it would be a simple motor to power it and it would be really light.

Just thinking with my fingers again.

iipsrv.jpg

I'm sure the gurus could explain it better.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Had the same idea a couple years ago Brian. The mechanism would be interesting to make plus the stroke length would only be a foot or so. The rotary seems to work the most efficiently within a limited space of the tool head.

The Powerflite is simply a scrubber-wand head combination isn't it. Not really what the idea was.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I don't see why they couldn't have the rotory and the wand head on them for the corners and edges.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I guess if you took something like the orig Rotovac wand, with a rotary scrubber, and attach a wand lip off the side and towards the front that would reach into corners. Wouldn't be able to use anything like a greenhorn style, more like the wand in the Tiger pic above. It would look a little weird and need a 2nd trigger for tigger, or a valve to divert from the rotary to the edging tool.
I think once it was done it would be easier to bring in separate tools.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The problem is a power head thing weighs a ton V/S a wand.

Easier to have your tech rotary scrub the carpet then HWE.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom