Ideas for tightening up a sloppy install?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I wish Saiger or Jim Martin lived down the street from me. When it quiets down a little, I'd like to strip all the shelves, fresh tank, reels, etc out of my Cleanco and clean up what seems to be a sloppy install.

There are little things, everywhere that bug me. They all seem to be related to install or abuse by the original owner.

The machine has been good for my productivity. I think any good PTO should perform similarly.

The biggest problem that needs to be corrected is the floor. There is only a thin plastic covering the floor, which has ridges all down the length of the floor. I want a FLAT FLOOR! What is normally used to achieve this?

I've run HydraMaster's and a Butler back in the day and they all had nice, flat floors. They were easy to keep clean because they have that marine grade carpet like stuff covering the floor. I used to clean it out every Friday with my wand. It was easy to keep looking great.

I'm also considering shuffling up the layout. I'm not sure but maybe I'd go out the back with my hoses? I could put my fresh tank right next to the PTO. I also have a shelf and water softener. I'd love to come up with a solution that allows me to carry more stuff....and actually have it accessible.

Who knows, maybe she'll have a pork hole by the time I'm done with her.

The Clean Machine

Reactions: GCCLee and hogjowl

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I wish Saiger or Jim Martin lived down the street from me. When it quiets down a little, I'd like to strip all the shelves, fresh tank, reels, etc out of my Cleanco and clean up what seems to be a sloppy install.

There are little things, everywhere that bug me. They all seem to be related to install or abuse by the original owner.

The machine has been good for my productivity. I think any good PTO should perform similarly.

The biggest problem that needs to be corrected is the floor. There is only a thin plastic covering the floor, which has ridges all down the length of the floor. I want a FLAT FLOOR! What is normally used to achieve this?

I've run HydraMaster's and a Butler back in the day and they all had nice, flat floors. They were easy to keep clean because they have that marine grade carpet like stuff covering the floor. I used to clean it out every Friday with my wand. It was easy to keep looking great.

I'm also considering shuffling up the layout. I'm not sure but maybe I'd go out the back with my hoses? I could put my fresh tank right next to the PTO. I also have a shelf and water softener. I'd love to come up with a solution that allows me to carry more stuff....and actually have it accessible.

Who knows, maybe she'll have a pork hole by the time I'm done with her.

The Clean Machine

Russ, If you get a chance send me some pics of the inside of the van either text or email ( msags@mchsi.com )

Last edited:
Reactions: GCCLee and Russ T.

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
My van(s) came with a 3/4" rubber mat floor cut to fit. You could get the material at a farm service store.Stall matting is what it's called. The stock flooring would hold a lot of moisture over the long run.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We do as Shane does but with blue boat carpet over plywood, it can take the punishment for 3-4 years the we tear it out and do it again. Sand and touch all the paint with enamel paint so everything look purty. :winky:

Reactions: Russ T.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
CRASH set his unit up on hockey pucks......
takes a garden hose in the front and rinses right out the back...

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
My frame sits flat on the floor.

Would be nice if it had a stainless floor to act as a catch all.

Only problem I have is we run a 9 and a 14 gal solution set up. Love the ability but arranging the tanks so I can see how much is in em suks.

Running out the back is how I roll. Keep a spotter bag for bombing stains. Extras n refills on the shelf.
Front seat is my office and the back doors are my work bench.
Side doors house the cannons and missiles : )

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
120 gallons, It's a 3500 extended and when completely loaded it is pushing 9600lbs. Rides great with weight on both sides and with 40,000 miles on this set up there have been no issues with brakes, steering or suspension although it could use up-graded front coil springs. I'll see if I can get a pic of it totally loaded.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom