If only I were a supplier....

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Wow... That's well over a grand below dealer cost. But when you figure in overseas freight (& the risk of non-delivery) and customs costs I'd imagine the savings are minimal. Talk to Rick G... Or if you want I can source a machine for you.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I'm sure we could scare up five or six guys here who would like to buy a 19" Cimex for $800. It could be ordered by Mikey and Son's Bar and Carpet Cleaning Supply and shipped from there.

Ryan

Art Kelley said:
I'm sure we could scare up five or six guys here who would like to buy a 19" Cimex for $800. It could be ordered by Mikey and Son's Bar and Carpet Cleaning Supply and shipped from there.

Kind of what I was thinking, they guy seems to be a credible seller on alibaba.

Ryan

I just talked to the guy John. These are the same molds they use to make the "cimex" brand machines. Basically this guy is just selling them before they get the "cimex" logo slapped on them. Same thing with the minute man machines.

These major company are outsourcing their manufacturing to guys in Indonesia and shipping 'em over here, slapping the brand names on them, marking it up 100% then selling it to suppliers so it can get marked up another 50%-100%.

I know, I know, you've got to eat too and supplying to such a niche market you need to have a good mark up. Just trying to look out for myself.

Ryan

And you think the Swiss rotomold and manufacture everything in house before shipping it out?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
hell rotomolded...

i bet John L makes them and ships them to the swiss :wink:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Ryan said:
I just talked to the guy John. These are the same molds they use to make the "cimex" brand machines. Basically this guy is just selling them before they get the "cimex" logo slapped on them. Same thing with the minute man machines.

These major company are outsourcing their manufacturing to guys in Indonesia and shipping 'em over here, slapping the brand names on them, marking it up 100% then selling it to suppliers so it can get marked up another 50%-100%.

I know, I know, you've got to eat too and supplying to such a niche market you need to have a good mark up. Just trying to look out for myself.

Ryan, what John said is correct. The Cimex machines are not being made in Indonesia.
BTW I've got a genuine Rolex President for sale too - I'll make you a deal for just $125. :roll:

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Personally, I don't care if it's a genuine cimex or knockoff, if it has a 1.5 motor and spins they could call it whatever they want for $800 and I would buy one, why is it assumed that a machine made in a foreign country by 10 year old children is a piece of junk?
Kids make for the best assemblers of things with small parts.... they have such nimble fingers, all 10 of them, ooops, make it 9 of them for little Cheng....

I would almost bet these will be on Ebay for $1100 soon and everybody will want one....

rick imby

Name
Rick

Personally, I don't care if it's a genuine cimex or knockoff, if it has a 1.5 motor and spins they could call it whatever they want for $800 and I would buy one, why is it assumed that a machine made in a foreign country by 10 year old children is a piece of junk?
Kids make for the best assemblers of things with small parts.... they have such nimble fingers, all 10 of them, ooops, make it 9 of them for little Cheng....

I would almost bet these will be on Ebay for $1100 soon and everybody will want one....

I have owned a Bicycle Shop for 30 years. I spent a lot of time wrenching on different qualities of Asian equipment. Your statement I don't care as long as it has a 1.5 horse motor? It is amazing the difference in quality of machines. Why is it assumed that if it looks like a Cimex it will work like one? A great deal on a Piece of Sh*t is still a piece of Sh*t.

I have no idea why people whine about buying a machine like the Cimex that can pay for itself in two jobs. When you think you have it tough look at some other industries. Carpet cleaning may not pay like brain surgery but the pay level for the skill level is pretty high. Great equipment makes a huge difference compared to sh*tty equipment to work with. I want to put my hands on stuff before I buy it. You know what the warrantee is on the Cimex knockoff? Do you know where you will get parts? I bet you a buck most of the parts from a Cimex will not fit. Anybody remember an exact copy of the RX-20 that Mytee brought in? I bet Mytee wishes he could forget that one.

How many hundreds of thousands of those mini motorcycles and powered scooters and motorized skateboards were sold in the states? The belt on one of the powered skateboards would break within about 50 miles Try to find a replacement. Part of the carburetor on one model of those minimotorcycles was defective. Good luck finding parts. The guy who answers the phone after you pay for the shipment forgets how to speak English when you need a replacement part...

Most of those Mini motorized toys were shut down with the breakage of a 50 cent part if you could buy it. Spend your $1100 on the knockoff and then go to a machine shop and have a new part manufactured that breaks after 20 minutes of using the machine.

Rick

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I have owned a Bicycle Shop for 30 years. I spent a lot of time wrenching on different qualities of Asian equipment. Your statement I don't care as long as it has a 1.5 horse motor? It is amazing the difference in quality of machines. Why is it assumed that if it looks like a Cimex it will work like one? A great deal on a Piece of Sh*t is still a piece of Sh*t.

BDCC BIG $ carpet cleaners. Spend $30,000 on a machine and $200 on a wand. Makes no sence :eek:

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
rick imby said:

I have no idea why people whine about buying a machine like the Cimex that can pay for itself in two jobs. When you think you have it tough look at some other industries. Carpet cleaning may not pay like brain surgery but the pay level for the skill level is pretty high. Great equipment makes a huge difference compared to sh*tty equipment to work with. I want to put my hands on stuff before I buy it. You know what the warrantee is on the Cimex knockoff? Do you know where you will get parts? I bet you a buck most of the parts from a Cimex will not fit. Anybody remember an exact copy of the RX-20 that Mytee brought in? I bet Mytee wishes he could forget that one.

How many hundreds of thousands of those mini motorcycles and powered scooters and motorized skateboards were sold in the states? The belt on one of the powered skateboards would break within about 50 miles Try to find a replacement. Part of the carburetor on one model of those minimotorcycles was defective. Good luck finding parts. The guy who answers the phone after you pay for the shipment forgets how to speak English when you need a replacement part...

Most of those Mini motorized toys were shut down with the breakage of a 50 cent part if you could buy it. Spend your $1100 on the knockoff and then go to a machine shop and have a new part manufactured that breaks after 20 minutes of using the machine.

Rick

I was making a joke, read the post again.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Erik said:

BDCC BIG $ carpet cleaners. Spend $30,000 on a machine and $200 on a wand. Makes no sence :eek:
Re
Erik said:

Quote some numbers Erik, what is the recovery rate of the zipper compared to a standard or good glided wand??? How long are the drying times with no dry passes??? Run that thing thru some real tests instead of hoping we'll just take your word for it..... What is the purpose of buying your machine for the extra money???

You seem a little bitter, not selling many?

charles

You get what you pay for, and it is very true in this business.
Every time I try to go CHEAP in this business, I regret it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom