If someone wanted to............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
do a ride along with you to get some insight on the industry to start up there own company or just maybe tweak theirs a little better...would you be will to let them..?........would you charge them.....?

Al

I would be willing to do it, I already have and it's a great feeling!

No, I wouldn't charge but I don't see anything wrong with someone charging for a ride along program.

8)

TimP

I would do it for someone out of my area. But if they were going to start up in my hood I'd have to decline as there isn't room for another full time cleaner. I'm barely making it as it is. Now if I was so busy I wouldn't think it would matter I probably would.

Walt

I did it for a friend in Boise for a week. I have a newbie using a 175 on most of his jobs - high flow wand and a green glide. I gave the training as part of selling my other truck. Otherwise, I think that a 1000 bucks and they work for free would be a good deal for them. Don't underestimate what you know.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Why sutre I'll train everybody in my area!

We have a bait & switch guy here who trains them and they go out on their own and have all his bad habits.

Then they fail and get a job.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
We've had a guy doing "ride alongs" here for about 8 years.

He started out doing it for free to help out two different people who he started in the business. He quickly learned that the "guests" slowed him down and caused him to schedule more lightly than normal.

To offset the costs, and in light of the high value of what he did for them, he went to 750.00 for a five day work week. The price includes showing them how he manages the entire business, not just what he doe on the job.

He's probably "mentored" a dozen such people since then, and all but one are still in business and are doing well. The ones that are relatively local pitch in and help him on larger commercial jobs or when he goes away on vacation.

Raedan

I have been on several ride alongs with Tom Cermak. It's an ongoing mentoring program.

Oh.......And he doesn't charge. 8)

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I took a guy a couple of years ago from a nearby town that I don't like to drive to. Rode with me for 2 days, then decided it was too much work. lol

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
KevinL said:
I took a guy a couple of years ago from a nearby town that I don't like to drive to. Rode with me for 2 days, then decided it was too much work. lol

Kevin can I come ride along so I can get a list of your customers?

Thanks in advance :roll:

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have offered help to other cleaners and other cleaners have asked to stop by when I was cleaning something but for whatever reason something else has always come up

hogjowl

Idiot™
It's not something that I look for, but I have had a few people placed in my path over the years. I have a local guy (related to Chavez) who is a competitor of mine who I have helped, supplied and taught. And, I have had out of town guys call to ride a day or two with me. I wouldn't really want to do it all the time, but when it's put before me, I don't mind.

I've never charged ... yet.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
With that V you have I'm sure you'll have them lined up around the block for your "carnival" ride.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I expect my friends to help out the new guys that come in here that are starting up. I bend over backwards for many guys and when the time comes for them to pay it forward they have never failed to step up.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I've assisted quite a few 'new comers' to the industry and get kicks out of helping others.

Some have gone on to other things and after working without any financial commitment, decided that it's not for them... GREAT... it saved them a very costly mistake.

Others are still in business today.

I'm yet to charge anyone for that sort of service. Having said that, if someone came back to me wanting more specific training in say an area that I'm fairly strong in (eg repairs) then I wouldn't hesitate to charge something for my time.

John

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Brian:

Actually it was you who offered to buy lunch, and in all actuallity perhaps I should have paid you for the great company!

You are always welcome here, and work is optional. (and now you know you can't even buy lunch on my truck after this!)

Joe:
Shhhh... The Allens will try to sue me next...after all, they invented mentoring and ride alongs didn't they?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom