If there's any class on learning how to be successful, this is the one to take!!!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
SFS- Strategies For Success at Jondon. No other class will be needed. Have you ever tried to drink water from a fire hose? Just like it being too much water, you'll experience all this information flooded at you. I LOVED IT!!!! I've taken several types of classes: Both in our industry and other industries, and they nailed this one on the bullseye. I have a wonderful 12month goal after taking this class. I know exactly what my percentage of costs vs. profit needs to be, and I've met dozens of awesome other carpet cleaners From Alaska to Texas and other states that I never would've met if I didn't take this course.

If you are wondering how to perfect or start your business, start with this class! It will give you a good place to start. I look forward to meeting my goals in December of this year.

Thanks Jondon (Nick, Steve, Bill, and Chuck) for outlining an awesome course for us Hacks!!!

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'd like to take the class this year. I think JD offers the ability to have it discounted (or free) if you buy enough of their products.

I think Chicago or St. Louis would be my location.

Anyone else attending this year?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Give it a month.
Is that a positive or negative review. Because if it's a negative or positive...they'll get a call from me a month from now and if I'm not happy, I'm gonna tell them my negative results and how I got such a bad conclusion.

Did you ever take the class and how were your results?

Reactions: JohnHawkP

Beeks

Name
J.R.
Took it two years ago in Tampa, very informative and implemented quite a few things learned from seminar. Would recommend for a start up or a company struggling to find there identity.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

hogjowl

Idiot™
I was fortunate to get to take it. It is a great class. I learned a lot.

However, the universal excitement it generates dissipates over a few weeks once you get back to the world of cleaning.

I think the real gains aren't realized by the vast majority of cleaning companies during the early years.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
SFS- Strategies For Success at Jondon. No other class will be needed. Have you ever tried to drink water from a fire hose? Just like it being too much water, you'll experience all this information flooded at you. I LOVED IT!!!! I've taken several types of classes: Both in our industry and other industries, and they nailed this one on the bullseye. I have a wonderful 12month goal after taking this class. I know exactly what my percentage of costs vs. profit needs to be, and I've met dozens of awesome other carpet cleaners From Alaska to Texas and other states that I never would've met if I didn't take this course.

If you are wondering how to perfect or start your business, start with this class! It will give you a good place to start. I look forward to meeting my goals in December of this year.

Thanks Jondon (Nick, Steve, Bill, and Chuck) for outlining an awesome course for us Hacks!!!
Glad to hear you had such a great week.
I met Bill in a Panera Bread one afternoon 7 years ago he directed me to the class before I had a truck. I can say we would not have gotten to where our corporation is this fast with out the SFS team and the friends I made in class. Bill also asked me to visit this board of miss fits. It has introduced me to many more who have helped us grow. My First MF was Nashville. Networking events live are the best!!

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Is that a positive or negative review. Because if it's a negative or positive...they'll get a call from me a month from now and if I'm not happy, I'm gonna tell them my negative results and how I got such a bad conclusion.

Did you ever take the class and how were your results?

First thing you must learn on this board is who to listen to.

Consider the source on this one.

Your experience is what you make it. Successful people see the positive in things.

Read John Maxwells book " How Successful people think" FANTASTIC STUFF!

Reactions: BIG WOOD

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I'd like to take the class this year. I think JD offers the ability to have it discounted (or free) if you buy enough of their products.

I think Chicago or St. Louis would be my location.

Anyone else attending this year?
Go to Tampa next January. It's your slow time. Take your wife. You'll meet a wider group of cleaners as people come from across the nation for the warm weather.
You will also have 3 months to ramp up for a stronger spring season.
I have been twice. I would like to take my son in the next year or two.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Go to Tampa next January. It's your slow time. Take your wife. You'll meet a wider group of cleaners as people come from across the nation for the warm weather.
You will also have 3 months to ramp up for a stronger spring season.
I have been twice. I would like to take my son in the next year or two.

It's a good idea. Especially good because there's a direct flight from DSM!
We both LOVED Tampa. I'd even love Omaha though, without our boys for a few days!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
First thing you must learn on this board is who to listen to.

Consider the source on this one.

Your experience is what you make it. Successful people see the positive in things.

Read John Maxwells book " How Successful people think" FANTASTIC STUFF!
I was a little too blunt on my comment you were referring to. I was clearly making a point to Mr pig man trying to get him to be a little more specific on his blunt comment to me. If I don't get the results I want from taking this class, I'm not going to call them and criticize their work. I'm going to sign up to take the class again.

They gave us a few sheets of yellow paper with some questions for us to fill out at the end, wanting us to write down what we liked and disliked about the class. I wrote all the likes, but refused to put any dislikes. I hate it when my customers try to tell me how to do my job, and I'm not going to turn that around on them. They're the successful entrepreneurs in this business, not me. So I'm not going to criticize their 20yr old program that they've humbly tweaked over the years.

I saw that some of the information provided didn't refer to my business, due to how small I am right now. So when I get the results I want from the advice that did apply to me, I plan on taking this class again to benefit from the future advice.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
We run SFS in St. Petersburg every January. By then you will be ready for round 2.

Thanks for that snippet Bill, I was not aware of that fact.

Crikey, Christmas & New Year in the USA is SNOW TIME. :(

How is it in Florida ??

Still "My Goodness, My Guinness" drinking weather ??

Ta,

:yoda:

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
As a SFS alum who has attended multiple times, (can't remember if it's 4 or 5) I highly recommend going back.

It is an awesome experience every time. Great people and different information resonates each time cause your business is in a different place.

It really is one of my favorite weeks of the year!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
As a SFS alum who has attended multiple times, (can't remember if it's 4 or 5) I highly recommend going back.

It is an awesome experience every time. Great people and different information resonates each time cause your business is in a different place.

It really is one of my favorite weeks of the year!
4 or 5 and you can't remember. Uhhh might that be an indicator of why ya had to go back so many times? :winky:

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
I wanted to post some things about SFS since Scott and I attended last week, so I searched the topic first and found this thread. How did you do with the info over the past couple years, Matt? Were you able to follow your plan and hit your goals? Did your enthusiasm fade quickly as Marty thought it would?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Did your enthusiasm fade quickly as Marty thought it would?

As a person who likes and respects Marty, I'd like to translate for him in advance:

Any intensive program that involves making changes in one's business, and/or one's life, requires a level of discipline to maintain over time.

Coming back to daily pressures, and just "life" in general, can sometimes cause any of us to slip back into old and less productive habits.

Even as an "outsider" to the SFS experience, I know enough about it, and about similar programs, to give you and Scott this advice:

Begin to implement as many things as you can, especially those that dovetail easily into your current structure and business philosophy. Also commit to sitting down and discussing those things that don't easily fit, but that you've both agreed are essential for you to experience the growth and rewards this program promises.

This won't be easy, but I know the two of you better than most do, and if anyone can make these changes and get the rewards you deserve, its you two.

This is much of what I want to talk to you both about when Carol and I have dinner with you on the 30th.

Take Marty's warning to heart....and make sure you never have to say to him:

"Marty, you were right!"

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I wanted to post some things about SFS since Scott and I attended last week, so I searched the topic first and found this thread. How did you do with the info over the past couple years, Matt? Were you able to follow your plan and hit your goals? Did your enthusiasm fade quickly as Marty thought it would?
My business is 45%bigger this year than it was when this thread started. I’ve probably forgotten most of what was spoken during the course, but two things were always in the back of my mind...MOT, and keep in touch with current customer base with reminders every 6,9,12 months. I didn’t do that before I went to that class, and I really think that has been the best thing I exercised in my business. And helping us speak to new customers over the phone on price quotes has made my profit margin get where it needs to be.

Keep in mind, I’m no dog and pony show business either. I think that’s a waste of time. Most will disagree on that also.

I hope they have separated the three types of businesses we have into three different classes (multi van businesses, owner operators, and restoration businesses), because there was a lot that was talked about that I didn’t feel I needed to know, due to me being an owner op

Last edited:

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
I attended SFS for the first time in 1998. For me it was a career altering event. 5 days of intent listening, networking with others in the industry and taking copious amounts of notes. It was the first time in my career as a cleaner restorer that I actually felt like I could succeed.

Thanks to all of the instructors of the program.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom