If you are going to start encap...

Bucey

Name
FFA?
which machine would you recomend. From what I can tell the cimax is the top of the line, but also the top of the budget line too. I just would hate to have a 3,500 machine not getting the use just because its the best dosent mean hte acct start flying in. so my question sounds more like what is the most econmical way for a new born comp. to add encap for commerical? What machine would one recomend?

CleanEvo

I have the Cimex, so obviously I would say get one. I've tried my 175, borrowed an Orbot, used a Icapsol and nothing...nothing beats the Cimex. If you are going to do some commercial encap, why not be the best, that way you'll be doing it again and again. The Cimex paid for itself on it's first job for me, but even if that was not the case for you, it would pay for itself relatively quickly.

The Orbot with the Sprayborg I used was the closest in performance to the Cimex and may be slightly more versatile, but for the price difference, I would get the Cimex any day. The Orbot will also chew through the Fiberplus pads really quickly.

When you do have that really nasty residential, the Cimex will pre-scrub MUCH better than the 175 on it's own, so there are other uses for the machine, but it is really mainly a commercial office building encaping work horse.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
rstrick said:
just because its the best dosent mean hte acct start flying in. so my question sounds more like what is the most econmical way for a new born comp. to add encap for commerical? What machine would one recomend?

Get a used OP machine... I can help source one for you if you'd like.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rstrick said:
so my question sounds more like what is the most econmical way for a new born comp. to add encap for commerical? What machine would one recomend?

Buy a 175 RPM rotary ..be sure it's a 1.5HP motor
You can bonnet clean, encRap with VCT type pads, scrub pre-spray, strip VCT floor finish, clean wood floors, etc

There is NO machine more versatile, nor essential than a 175 rotary .
BY FAR, the most bang for the buck.
if you don't have one, get one

..L.T.A.

But why limit yourself to a 175? A dual speed 300 RPM will give much better performance when padding residential, and you can switch it down to 175 with a Scrub3 attachment for commercial work.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
CleanImage said:
But why limit yourself to a 175? A dual speed 300 RPM will give much better performance when padding residential, and you can switch it down to 175 with a Scrub3 attachment for commercial work.

I might go along with the dual speed, Phil
but the price for the machine also goes up.
You can buy good 175 rotaries new that will last 20 years or more for $600 to $800.

as far as the Scrub3.... IMO, the jury is still out on them as to whether they'll hold up
I'm not convinced "yet" whether they're worth anywhere near the price they sell for.

..L.T.A.

Good points. But I've seen quite a few new 300 rpm machines for about $900 - $1000. For me, the added speed is worth the price. I've used both and the 300 just cleans better. Ok, maybe not better, but faster. It's hard to go as slow as you need to with a 175. :)

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Mainly the action of the head... A rotary spins in a circle while an OP has rotation & a random orbit. A 175 is a side to side cleaning path and OPs generaly run in a straight line... Cleaning with OPs (with wheels on the ground) is like running a lawn mower up & back... And yeah, you can do a good job with a rotary & shampoo tank or an OP... The 175 is good investment as is the OP or Cimex... Like you mentioned above though having the equipment doesn't mean you'll have the work to justify it. Find the work first...

John Watson

Our first encap job we used a roto vac equiped with a set of brushes, worked grea, just alittle slow.

next one we used a 175 swing machine with a brush.

Next job we had our Cimex. I still use our 175 but use a fiber pad instead of the brush. I aint as big as the short one and my mex don't like climbing stairs. Ricky's new triple drive for the 175 looks very interesting...

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I vote op. Better all around machine but it does cost more then a rotary.
Cleans better than a Cimex and rotary imo.

Albert

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
We sell Cimex and 175 rotary machines. I have no objection to using either type machine. I agree with LArry that the 175 is a very versatile machine.If I had multiple uses, that is what I would buy. However, if the subject is limited to encap cleaning I think I owuld take the counter-rotating brush machine. It really digs soil from carpet more deeply than a machine that mainly works on the surface. It is similar to using a pile lifter. Really stands up matted and crush pile making them look great especially if used on a regular basis.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom