If you could change........

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If you had the power to change anything in this industry to make it better...what would it be......

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
As far as I'm concerned, there is only one cleaning board. Why do you think I got so pissed when ODIN banned me?

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
That's a tough one to limit us to one.

Probably the trash of the industry removed and NOT replaced. Seems everytime one goes under, another 2 take his place. If these guys were removed, that would assist all in our industry to project a better image and then they'd have to find a replacement for the statement "I was taken to the cleaners"

John

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
The pricing methods that were invented 50 years ago. Why is this the only service biz that does not charge by the hour?

Speaking of that, did anybody hear the guy on Procleaners network that prices by the linear ft. of wall space? Made alot of sense if you ask me. He had some very good points.

Chads

Supportive Member
It would probally have to start at the carpet mills and what they sell customers and what real warrantys and cleaning expectations We should be able to work together on these issues.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jim;

Have a responsible national association that could:

Inform the public that the carpet cleaning industry is a group of

PROFESSIONALS

Larry

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
The thing that is worst about our industry is the also thing that is the best: anyone can be a carpet cleaner, it is totally unregulated and market driven. The thieves and dregs and incompetent are eventually removed (but not after making a big stink) and the cream rises to the top. As it should.

DRScrivner

I would hope for a reduced number of companies that charge so little, that they are basically giving their services away, and devaluing carpet cleaning in general.

Not saying everybody should change the exact same price, but you don't see auto mechanics, plumbers, electricians, doctors, interior decorators, etc out their slashing prices to beat the competition- they all understand that it hurts their industry as a whole.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I would like to have a service fee for just showing up then price the job from there

kind of like a plumber, appliance repair, automotive or other service industries do

the neighbor needed a furnance repair, all companies charge $85 just to come out and give a repair estimate. The service fee is then applied to the repair

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Larry Cobb said:
Jim;

Have a responsible national association that could:

Inform the public that the carpet cleaning industry is a group of

PROFESSIONALS

Larry

Where would I find that? I looked but I couldn't I-I-C-R-See any that the consumer cared about.

(Customers here don't care unless you teach them to care.)

Walt

I think some of these changes may be on the way. Boards like this and review websites (like angies list) are making it harder for cheaters and charlatans.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
JB said:
Customers mindsets.

JB nailed it. Everything mentioned leads to changing the clients perception.
From the Mills, to the retailers, to the associations, to the Free nature that still remains in this industry.
Who has the biggest businesses and make the most profit? Owners that have marketed and positioned themselves differently and found enough clients that have bought into it.

It all comes down to the client.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I wouldn't change a thing. As a true capitalist I see the ways to exploit the voids in our industry. I provide a great product at a reasonable price and can educate the consumer on the other stuff.

The only thing I would change is myself to be a better sales person and to utilize all the tools and knowledge and chances at education I have

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom