If you don't pre-vacuum, try this

Mikey P

Administrator
If you've priced your services to not include pre vacuuming, why not offer it as an extra added service?

Why? because those of us that do, know the benefits..
  • Customers appreciated and rightly assume that we can do a better job than them.
  • A pre vacuumed carpet makes all the other steps in the cleaning process work better and quicker: no dingle berries to deal with, less chemicals needed, fewer wand strokes, far less chance of the dreaded dirty dish rag post stench.
  • Far less chance of wicking too!, which may or may not get noticed by your customers but really pisses off/disappoints those that do.
  • Nothing beats the pre-vacuuming process to become one on one with the carpet cleaning project that lays before you. Spots, stains and wear patterns reveal themselves as you go..

Try this if you don't believe me, when booking your next 20 jobs, say this: Mrs Pifteleton the carpet is going to need to be vacuumed REAL WELL before I can start my process, do you have someone who can do this for you? If not.... "I can do an excellent job for you for just $10 (or what ever would make it worth your while) a room"..

Now be quiet and let her think about it.

If half your customers don't go for it, I'll be shocked.

and once you see and feel the benefits, you'll most likely just add it to your repertoire and bury the costs.

Try it, its the slow season and what do you have to loose.

_tooboring on Satan's pc

Reactions: Cleanworks

Rob Grady

Name
Rob Grady
This machine does it all !

20180723_104209.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Nomad74

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Most of my customers vacuum before I get there or the cleaning crew has just been, but I do vacuum animal hair jobs. With so many people terrified of COVID these days I'm just wondering how people feel about a possibly contaminated vacuum coming in their house. You know how people are.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Most of my customers vacuum before I get there or the cleaning crew has just been, but I do vacuum animal hair jobs. With so many people terrified of COVID these days I'm just wondering how people feel about a possibly contaminated vacuum coming in their house. You know how people are.
Been hearing that for years

sassyotto

Name
Paul
heres the problem. I charge Mrs Smith to vacuum her carpet and so I vacuum her carpet. So far so good!

Then I apply a prespray.

Then I use a CRB to work in the prespray and lift the nap. While doing so, a lot of debris is lifted to the surface and gathers in clumps on top of the carpet. Mrs. Smith walks in and sees the clumps and says *What is that?* I reply that the CRB got all this gunk out of the carpet to which she says *But I paid you $xxx to vacuum, shouldnt all that have been removed then?*

So what do I say to that?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
heres the problem. I charge Mrs Smith to vacuum her carpet and so I vacuum her carpet. So far so good!

Then I apply a prespray.

Then I use a CRB to work in the prespray and lift the nap. While doing so, a lot of debris is lifted to the surface and gathers in clumps on top of the carpet. Mrs. Smith walks in and sees the clumps and says *What is that?* I reply that the CRB got all this gunk out of the carpet to which she says *But I paid you $xxx to vacuum, shouldnt all that have been removed then?*

So what do I say to that?
Tell her the truth. Tell her that a vacuum removes fine dirt, hair and sand, but her carpet had clotted soils that would neither vacuum up or flush unless you broke them up with the CRB.
Tell her to bow down and plan to name her next legitimate child “Otto” because you are a carpet cleaning GOD who is gonna leave her nap fresh, soft, clean and fluffy!

Then get back to work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom