If You Run A Diesel TM On Cooking oil......

R

R W

I believe that some Vortex and diesel TM owners here on this board are using "waste oil", or vegetable grease to run their TM's. The question is.....what happens when the State catches up with you for NOT paying the taxes on diesel?? You can't LEGALLY buy kerosene and put it in your fuel tank on your road vehicle, because it isn't taxed for road use.

Could this be a problem down the road as more owners try to convert to waste grease to power their TM's???

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Why or better yet how would they tax it???

tax is on a commodity..not something that is getting thrown out..

Yes the tax is for fixing the roads, and you use the roads to drive on.

personally i think its a mute point...the benefit from using it far out weighs not paying your $6 a fill up on tax...

and while it doesnt go to the road coffers, you are still paying tax on the stuff to make it...

and why in the hell would you run kero in your vehicle??? talk about gumming shit up

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
grease

Don't you have to pre-heat that stuff up to 100 or 125 degrees or something like that so it doesn't screw up your engine?

John Buxton

I would assume the gov will make you pay a service fee in place of the tax. At least that what Indiana did when I had a retail sales license. I was suppose to pay service tax in place of sales tax for any item that I may have bought tax free but used myself.

The less the government knows about you, the better.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
becareful because the judges ruled a whale was a fish to get their tax money from whalers as fisherman before

R

R W

Sorry, Ron.......it just seems that the G man want's in our pockets more and more.....and they....the gov....depend on fuel taxes to repair and build our roads. (you wouldn't know it by driving on NE Ohio roads!!!) I'm sure they will wise up to using fuels other than diesel in our vehicles.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
there are tax credits for ethanol and biodiesel it seems they always change so I'm not sure where they are at right now.

Most biodiesl is sold as an "additive" not a fuel which is why most places run b-99 or less ...additives are not subject to federal fuel sales tax I've been told some states are starting to tax it or require permits to make or transport it ....California i think? the supply of waste oil for SVO systems is so small it's not likely worth the hassle of but anyone concerned could run 1% on road diesel and 99% SVO as an additive.

Home made biodiesel, road fule tax is a type of sales tax as such you are not subject to "fuel sales tax" if you are making home made biodiesel for your own use.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom