If you were a new cleaning in the Chicago are, what would it take you to join..

Mikey P

Administrator
the local cleaning association?

I dont see much..

How about a live (FB) chat room with other local cleaners?

Group buying deals

Frequent local hoe downs with TM mechanics, spotting techniques, marketing help etc

Discount on IICRC certs

Charity cleanings

?

steve_64

Chicago is a union city. People have the idea that paying dues helps and protects them

So happy I'm a loner and count on myself not others.

I have joined some groups in the early days looking for referrals.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If there were strength in the membership I'd join. We always gained something hanging with other cleaners. Even small tips made huge impacts, you just never know who has answers to your problems.

We once had a consultant in for two days of tech training. At dinner we got a water damage call. We called a supervisor and told him to get a crew leader and find a tech for it.

The consultant said how do you handle these calls? You don't have a schedule? He wrote it all out on a napkin. Pay, who gets the call, how long the serve.

All just by chance. Something he knew that had little value to him but was priceless and solved so many headaches for us. We implemented it and have used it for decades.

steve_64

If there were strength in the membership I'd join. We always gained something hanging with other cleaners. Even small tips made huge impacts, you just never know who has answers to your problems.

We once had a consultant in for two days of tech training. At dinner we got a water damage call. We called a supervisor and told him to get a crew leader and find a tech for it.

The consultant said how do you handle these calls? You don't have a schedule? He wrote it all out on a napkin. Pay, who gets the call, how long the serve.

All just by chance. Something he knew that had little value to him but was priceless and solved so many headaches for us. We implemented it and have used it for decades.
Imagine spending hundreds of dollars for months or years and hours and hours before you got that unsolicited tip.
But I agree you can learn a lot being around other cleaners good and bad.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Imagine spending hundreds of dollars for months or years and hours and hours before you got that unsolicited tip.
But I agree you can learn a lot being around other cleaners good and bad.
No kidding it was such a pain. A panicked scramble that turned into some easily managed. More money for the tech's, more for the company.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
We have trade associations for years, here it was the ccinw. I never joined and u think it's fallen apart now. I didn't like the leadership of the organization. It's nice to have local events for carpet cleaners to get together. Get to know your competition and network with other owner/ops.

Mikey P

Administrator

Strength in....what?

Mikey P

Administrator
For one, it's not clear at all after a good 5 second look what the heck it is.

It should scream carpet and fabric and restoration before you read a single word.

Should have a chat with your fellow professionals link very boldly right in the middle or up top or somewhere you can't miss to attract modern social media addicted millennials..

The benefits of joining should be outstanding and substantial and easy to find.

The classes and events schedule should be far more substantial even if they're not local..

The consumer view should link to all the regional members local websites and or Facebook pages or review sites

Links to online classes and certification courses, icrc or otherwise should be very prominent as well.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
For one, it's not clear at all after a good 5 second look what the heck it is.

It should scream carpet and fabric and restoration before you read a single word.

Should have a chat with your fellow professionals link very boldly right in the middle or up top or somewhere you can't miss to attract modern social media addicted millennials..

The benefits of joining should be outstanding and substantial and easy to find.

The classes and events schedule should be far more substantial even if they're not local..

The consumer view should link to all the regional members local websites and or Facebook pages or review sites

Links to online classes and certification courses, icrc or otherwise should be very prominent as well.
🤔 Were we supposed to critique their website? I thought you just asked if we would join?

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
If they were effective.
I would have stayed neirc...
Everything suggested was shit down.
All,I heard from monthly meetings.
We're how slow everyone was.
Which puzzled me since we were full all the time.
No networking.
No benefits.
Nothing but a once a year type dinner,if I remember correctly.
An some dragged on lecture by a fella.
Using the Neirc to become a very boring instructor...
Other then that they are a useless reminder of what was.
An what needed to be changed.
As Larry said,the internet knocked them out...
A brand new union of sorts is what you guys need.
With massive discounts by supplier's.
I seen there overpriced asses kissed for yrs ...
Why cause they have the power,never us...
They want us fragmented,unlike other service trades.
We're janitors with with egos...
That is all the world an the supplier's think of us...
My two centavo's...

Brian H

Name
Brian H
First thing they should do is get someone to proofread their mission statement.
"The mission of the Carpet & Rug Cleaners Institute of Illinois (CRCII) is to advance and improve the carpet, cleaning and restoration industry by motivation motivating members to achieve the highest standards of professionalism, consumer service and ethical behavior."

Brian H

Name
Brian H

The Members of the Carpet and Rug Cleaners of Illinois value our place within the community we serve and recognize our responsibilities as local business professionals and agree to abide by the following Code of Ethics​

– Conduct our business affairs with honesty and integrity, never resorting to unfair trade practices that might reflect poorly not only on our association, but the entire cleaning industry.

– Strive to provide the highest professional standards of workmanship and quality services to our clients and customers.

– Avoid false promises, misleading advertising, misrepresentations of our products or services, or any other promotion that might lead to misconceptions that may affect our customers.

We value our place within the community we serve and recognize our responsibilities as local business professionals.

– To treat our customers property with care and respect

– Hold above all else honesty and professional workmanship in all customer relations

– To render our professional services consistent with current industry standards

– Continually augment the competency of our workforce and develop proficiency by offering and attending relevant training programs

– Be open in sharing with fellow association members of our knowledge and experience for the benefit of all said members and the advancement of our industry.

– Give preferential consideration in purchasing to associate members/vendors of CRCII

– To avoid and disclose any conflicts of interest with our customers

– Look for ways to become directly involved in CRCII committees and other activities

– To skillfully provide our services in a way to enhance the reputation of our membership as professional cleaners and restorers who offer honest, dependable, and competent services.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom